Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Marsh Cities and Climates
06-13-2006, 05:15 PM,
Black Marsh Cities and Climates
I have done a lot about the Black Marsh. I have researched the different cities from past games and placed them as closely as I could with the new map Bethesda released. Here is what I have:
[Image: bmmap2us.th.jpg]
Remember, not all the cities are that big. Some may consist of only half a dozen buildings.
Here is the new climate map:
[Image: bmmapclimate7fz.th.jpg]
Green is similar to the climate on the other side of the border of Tamriel- a rainy forest but not tropical.
Dark green is Morrowindish Forests, a little drier than the green.
Blue green is marsh, thick, nasty, humid, submerged.
Grey is rock deposit areas where there could be quarries. A few of the cities have rock names so I think that maybe all the water had eroded away certain areas of mineral rich land.
Yellow is Muckwood, Blue Green times Two!
Purple is everglades, coastal marsh
Blue is coastal, maybe beaches and palm trees, might even be enjoyable

Oh, yes. Cyrodiil is a little bigger than Argonia. So lets say if Cyrodil was 200 grids then Argonia would be 140-160 grids. See what I'm saying?
06-13-2006, 08:40 PM,

I think there should be rocky land on the east coast from say from Riverwalk and half way to Seafalls...
I think that because I believe if there are hills in the east and south, it helps insulate the Marsh and keeps it a marsh where it stagnates... otherwise mroe of the marsh would be everglad especially on the eastern side which the Padomaic Ocean's winds must go into a lot... so I think a buffer would help explain why the marsh land (semi-land/semi-water like a bog) is dominant where-as everglade (more coastal/submerged) is less big on the coasts....

also where are mangroves? or is that just reserved for the rivers?

I also believe that in the marsh, I hope it is understood, that there are large pockets of jungle, especially near the rivers, and that there is a large Hist forest near the center, but Hist do grow outside of the big Hist forest...