Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book Sharing
02-27-2006, 12:34 AM,
Book Sharing
I just had a thought, since Vvardenfell and Silgrad will both be in morrwind there is reason to believe that the book selection would be similar. So would you guys be interested in eventually using any of our books? (once they are written...and they will be, i have more than a few ideas myself)
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-27-2006, 12:36 AM,

( I have a few penned too)

But wouldnt it be rather redundant? Since these projects are so interconnected (working so close together and probally being compatible).

It wouldnt be that hard but...

Oh well never mind

:banana: Dance you little banana dance
02-27-2006, 02:24 AM,

I would think that many books should be available in both places, but that certain items would be harder to find depending on area (i.e. - a book on Silgrad would probably only be in one or two places on Vvardenfell and a treatise on the Lifestyles of Rich and Famous Ashlanders would not be found in every bookstore of Blacklight).
02-27-2006, 02:55 PM,

As long as we're affiliated with each other, my personal opinion is that we share all assets - but not content. For instance 'fact-based' books, models, textures, creatures etc are assets while fictional books, interior layouts, dialogue, quests etc are content.

The difference to me is if the 'thing' aids your creativity -- or, if it consists solely of someone else's creativity. To copy-paste someone else's interior for instance doesn't aid the copycat's creativity. But to create a weapon store and arrange sword models from the Silgrad Tower mod on the store shelves, now that does mean the 'thing' - sword models - aids one's creativity.

Books can be a tricky thing because it's somewhere in the middle. I can see how someone would want to stock bookcases in their interior, and for purposes like that, I think it would be great if the team shared 'fact-based' books. By that I mean books whose topic has broad appeal, like the Lessons of Vivec, which are examples of books many NPCs would want to read... books that add to Morrowind lore, whether from Bethesda or us or other places. But books like personal diaries and stories should probably remain with respective team because I don't think those books were intended to be widespread.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-27-2006, 08:09 PM,

an the common Dunmer isn't a scholar... so most commoners in their villages go to the local learned guy or Temple priest for reading stuff.... or learning how to read..... so books would only be in great quantities on Vvardenfell in Vivec City's libraries and such.... in other places only a few here and there... and maybe more in a collectors place or a bookstore...
02-28-2006, 11:54 PM,

I thnk Rw has summed it up very nicely - sharing the non-quest related 'fantasy stories' and 'factual' stuff will help to make our (all 3) projects' work more real and feel more trustworthy (funny sort of word to use, but..) and stable...

We had already discussed this elsewhere so it is encouraging to see that someone else came up with the same idea independantly... :goodjob:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
03-01-2006, 12:55 AM,

Thats true, except we have to make sure that the books make sense regionally ( I thin Ku said that). Finding a book on Silgrad Law in the Rat in the Pot wouldnt make sense. Cross region books should probally stay in Libraries
03-01-2006, 10:39 PM,

In terms of numbers, that may be the most likely place, but also consider that in each region there will be those who represent the other regions (if only culturally) in some way.

Other 'reference' books such as the 'Botany Books' currently in progress and seeking contributors might be standard reference works that not only the wealthy, but also the enthusiast might have a copy of.

For example a farmer might have books on plants or animals...etc
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

03-01-2006, 11:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
In terms of numbers, that may be the most likely place, but also consider that in each region there will be those who represent the other regions (if only culturally) in some way.

Other 'reference' books such as the 'Botany Books' currently in progress and seeking contributors might be standard reference works that not only the wealthy, but also the enthusiast might have a copy of.

For example a farmer might have books on plants or animals...etc

:lmao: hehehe.... oh raggidman.... "and seeking contributors"
anyhow, I was just about to post a description up!
03-08-2006, 11:41 PM,

ty KKzA gotyour latest in botany, and I'm moving this to literature developement from the Tavern - or I would do butI cannot access the edit controls on this thread.... :alert:
Steven Erikson.