Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosmer samples from Egger3rd
02-24-2008, 07:45 AM,
Bosmer samples from Egger3rd
Here are a few samples of some test Bosmer lines that Egger3rd from BSF sent at my request after I saw this video. He was even kind enough to vary the Morrowind Bosmer annoyance level in his voice. I've included 3 characteristic Bosmer greetings, each done at low, medium and high annoyance. Smile Comments are appreciated and needed; my personal take is that the "medium annoyance" level would be a great supplement to AndySlayer's work. Quoting from myself (referring to the YouTube video):

Quote:I'll also take the opportunity to clarify a thing or two. For instance, if you were to think that his Argonian sounds better than the incumbent, Cool it's OK to say so. And here's why:
  • Our dialogue architecture allows for multiple voices for a given racial generic dialogue. We needn't and won't discard previously accepted work.
  • Even if the new VA only wanted to voice a few characters, if they can match roughly the 'feel" of the generic, that's a good thing too. We were never totally going to get rid of voice mismatches without requiring ~1000 lines from every VA, which is just not possible.

Let me know what you think,
Steve
02-24-2008, 02:39 PM,

I love the idea of grading the annoyance levels. If I were being stupid, I would suggest modding the esm to give the player a choice over the NPCs level of ridiculousness. This would mean that a high level would lead to Nords constantly shouting, Khajit speaking some form of semi-incomprehensible Hebrew and Bosmer squeaking like munchkins throughout the whole game....hmm, nice!

Personally, I like the lower annoyance level best purely on the basis of the fact that annoyance is the factor being judged here and that that's just how I prefer my game characters. But the medium level would make for an excellent addition to the full range of voices available, too!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-25-2008, 07:14 PM,

Excellent Bosmer

:goodjob:

Enjoy
Diet Bob
Now with a Splash of Lemon
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-25-2008, 08:32 PM,

Cool

I interpret this as 3 samples for each of 3 different characters.

The first is a remarkable laid-back Bosmer. He must be the first hippy Bosmer ever or maybe he drinks too much tea Smile

The second is your bog-standard Bosmer

The third is an ancient Bosmer.

I think you might seek to adapt the delivery for each of the first two characters so that there is more contrast between their happy and angry

As for the third? Ancients lose vocal control and tend to stick to one kind of delivery - as in masters of invitin the double-take = did he really say that?)
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman