Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Buffer" meshes?
06-30-2006, 01:40 AM,
"Buffer" meshes?
I might be exporting a huge collection of models set up to be used as Morrowind nifs. (The Hlaalu exterior tileset, this time with collision) Each one of these models have a mesh called "Buffer". Since I never really got into modellling for Morrowind I'm unfamiliar with them. Do they have some significance for Oblivion nifs, current or future? Or are they just a tool that helps keep track of where the model is meant to be in the universe or something like that?

I.e. do you think I can delete them before exporting the models without having to revisit them again in the future.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-30-2006, 02:14 AM,
RE: "Buffer" meshes?
I believe they are used for collision...
Got zombies in my basement.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net.
06-30-2006, 04:49 AM,
RE: "Buffer" meshes?
Quote:Originally posted by gundalf
I believe they are used for collision...

There are two meshes in each model, apart from the real model. One is named collision, the other buffer. Hmm. Maybe the buffer mesh only had a use for Morrowind models? Then again I checked two random Bethesda nifs from either game and none of them had meshes called buffer. So you can imagine my confusion. Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-06-2006, 03:02 PM,

I think ones for collision/walkmeshes, and the other is for textures, as from what i've seen the textures and collision don't always match.
For example: the model CastleKeepBruma the roof is walkable, but the collision is several feet above the surface (the roof texture)... but i could be way off.
MSN: ancientdwarvenchaosknight@hotmail.com