Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CS] Cleaning Your Mod.
06-29-2006, 06:24 PM,
[CS] Cleaning Your Mod.
Cleaning your mod.

Before submitting the file (esp) for merging.

CS Wiki Cleaning your mod.

If you read the info in the afore mentioned link, you know the basics for cleaning the mod.

Our esm had (I managed to clean the esm) a few traces of contaminations that showed up in every esp. In the past, very unclean files were merged, these should have been rejected. The policy for very unclean files: No merging.

Don't worry about the Dials (it's normal), if you see these (screenshot), it's not your doing!

So, ignore everything (the records, that are contaminations). Load the file into the CS and save. Recheck if the contamination are gone. Test your file also in-game.

If there are no problems (otherwise use the TES4 PU) submit the file. You'll find the TES4Gecko on the FAQ board, it's for experienced modders.

For your info (if you forgot to save after reloading the esp), during the merging of the esp to the esm, the "ignored" records will be deleted.

How to avoid contaminations.

Don't switch to other cells (not related to your mod) and change things (by accident). If you visited another cell (not belonging to your mod), restart the CS, do not save the esp file (your mod). If you save anyway, the file will be contaminated and has to be cleaned.

Another solution.
Use the option: Multiple editors.
Find the Documents and Settings directory on your hard drive and search for the "My documents" directory (it's in the owner (your name) directory). Open the My Games directory and open the Oblivion directory.

There you'll see the ConstructionSet configuration file. Make a backup.
Open the file and find the line: "bAllowMultipleEditors=0".
Change the 0 to a 1. Start the CS and use this editor for checking other cells. Start the CS (again and don't close the other editor) with your modding esp and use this editor for modding.

If you changed the "bUseMyGamesDirectory=1" to 0, you'll find the ini file in the "Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion" directory.

Poster has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-10271.jpg]
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD