Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call me shallow but,
04-19-2007, 04:30 AM,
Call me shallow but,
I just set up my computer in my room. I've made the majority of the posts on my laptop, which is in the shop at the moment. Actually, the irony is, that the laptop's shop, Comp USA, is going out of business in my location, and because of the fact that it's a store warranty, It's only viable at that location, (at least to my knowledge). So, now I'm not even sure if the thing is going to get the repairs it so desperately needs. The computer I'm using right now is choppy in oblivion, and I'm going to see if I can get morrowind back to reinstall it, and replay some mods I used to be into. My new computer is to my left, and will not turn on due to the pci-e card, in which I believed when I bought the case, would support agp, however I was mistaken.

So, I have to wait for my pa to intercede again (he's spent 160 dollars already of a 260 dollar tab, which makes me owe him over 400 dollars, and he's stressed at home due to factors I can't change, or at least don't know how to...

I've also been delaying my schooling for over a year and a half now, and it's only slowed my brain down. However, it's reaped some benefit economically, and I suppose you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm looking into getting a job tomorrow, interview is tomorrow at least, and it's with selling tools. I don't know much about tools, but I'm willing to learn.

To be honest I feel veritably vacant of anything really meaningful in my life...
All I have is family and writing. My friends don't come around anymore for various reasons.

And I'm probably not going to get the job, because I don't know the stuff that well.

anyway you can flame me if you want
04-19-2007, 05:59 AM,

I feel the same way. I'm lonely, bored, and not in school, but at least I have a job.

I'll get back into school next semester for film classes, then I will move back to where I actually have friends. Albuquerque has rejected me.

Anyway, PCI-E supporting AGP is like cramming a modem into your AGP slot. It won't work. It won't even fit. Big Grin

I got out of school because I was sick of it. I couldn't get away without people calling me a retard because of my convictions, and I was sick of the name calling. Yeah, in college. I thought people in college were supposed to be intellectuals. Not so much. I'll go back, but not for long. I won't entertain them.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I feel stagnant and worthless with no hope of moving forward. I have no friends here, nobody to contact except for people on the internet. Sad life indeed.

I just remember that it could be worse. I could be in to drugs, I could have more serious mental handicaps, I could be in trouble with the law, or I could have serious health issues. Or huge debts. I figure that if I can keep myself away from these, I'll have a leg up and I won't smell funny. Big Grin

Anyway. Best of luck on your computer endeavors. ...don't put PCI-E cards in your AGP slot. Ok? Big Grin
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
04-20-2007, 01:33 AM,

Well, that sucks......

zarf, why do you not just beat the living s___ out of one of them?
thats vv007 i do when i get bully problems, i allow them to push me off to breaking point then i explode, come to in the office in trouble for hurting someone (emotionally usually the first time then physically when they go too far)....

the wierd part is that i would prefer a peaceful solution and stupid school admins only ever ____ things up even more.

IDK how it is for you though so....

btw, you might check ebay for card thing?
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
04-20-2007, 07:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zarf

Anyway, PCI-E supporting AGP is like cramming a modem into your AGP slot. It won't work. It won't even fit. Big Grin

Anyway. Best of luck on your computer endeavors. ...don't put PCI-E cards in your AGP slot. Ok? Big Grin
'

Yeah. They have developed some technology for the crossover, but the price of it is so high you might as well buy a low end pci-e card.
05-07-2007, 12:34 PM,

Okay! I got it all up n running! Amd 64 3800 plus with a gig of ram, geforce 8500 w 256 mb

I believe I am set to begin modding.

mmmm joy
05-07-2007, 06:50 PM,

haha, that sucks man, pull yourself outa your hole...
flipping burgers is not a terrible job, but find somewhere that'll hire you and be your best all the time, good luck. Schooling is overrated and under-funded, but I guess it hard to have good education and environment everywhere and anywhere. Best of luck to you (and Zarf)... and DON'T get into drugs, I done shit and its good I'm not an addictive personality
05-07-2007, 09:25 PM,

Yeah that really does suck, I guess the best advice I can give is just not to sit around in a situation like that (both of you), get outside, try to make friends/patch things up, find ways to occupy yourself, if you're in a Church or something, do youth activities, ect ect.