Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitals and naming
10-03-2008, 12:38 PM,
Capitals and naming
I PM'd Ysne and as I understood there aren't no fixed names and locations for the major cities of Akavir. This thread is meant to eventually fix that , so anyone with ideas for the naming conventions and city locations , shoot. Smile
The Nord pointed his finger at the building on the hill, and said: "That is the Emerald Hall, the Palace of Ysgramor."

My concepts - http://ysgramor.deviantart.com (hopefully there shalt be some in the future!)
10-03-2008, 12:51 PM,

As I understand it, we're concentrating on a small offshore island of Akavir at the moment, so cities are probably a long way off.

I know that a human city called Knifeblossom was planned at one point, and that the Tang Mo don't appear to have cities, since they exist mainly in small tribes and live on tiny islands. Also the Kamal don't have cities as such, more like underground cave systems.

That leaves the Ka Po and the Tsaesci who need cities and towns naming.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-03-2008, 01:09 PM,

Tang Mo do have cities if I'm correct - I've heard of a town called Bu'Po
The Nord pointed his finger at the building on the hill, and said: "That is the Emerald Hall, the Palace of Ysgramor."

My concepts - http://ysgramor.deviantart.com (hopefully there shalt be some in the future!)
10-03-2008, 01:14 PM,

You've got me interested now. I didn't know that. Could you give me a link please?

10-03-2008, 01:14 PM,
RE: Capitals and naming
Here's a bucket of names and ideas for regions, landmarks, natural structures, towns/villages and cities. Some would suit certain regions better than others. I think ruins, forts, capitals and certain places should adopt Akaviric names whilst others can have english names (i'm thinking of having ancient and powerful sounding names).

San'Ze Hai (Just a random thing i made up)
Long Fire River
Twin River Valley/Gorge
Herron Hill
Emperor's Seat (A plateau perhaps?)
Frost Gate
The Northern Scar (The border between the Kamal and the rest of Akavir)
Butterfly Point
Elder Vine
Heaven's Crest
The Silver Arrow River

Merchant's Road
Soldier's Road
Monarch Road
Lord's Road

Now that i think about it, do we even have a completed heightmap for Akavir?
10-03-2008, 01:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
You've got me interested now. I didn't know that. Could you give me a link please?

Misc. Tang Mo side quests.

Quote:Originally posted by exilehunter
Now that I think about it, do we even have a completed heightmap for Akavir?

I don't think so...

10-03-2008, 01:31 PM,

We don't. This is why for the moment we are concentrating on the island project. Once that is released, and we have attracted more attention and (hopefully) some more modders, we can start talking about how much of the mainland we are going to do. Smile

10-03-2008, 03:15 PM,

I don't have a name but i think the tsaesci capital should be a huge rock formation that looks like a daemonic snake with an opened maw and a minas tirith style city inside its maw using the tongue (beginning at the top of the city, going down diagonal to the ground) as stairs to the tample on top of the city, a huge pillar with an elevator that works on steam/ blood/ whatever and goes to the snakes' head, with the palace where the enormous serpent lord lies, like jabba the hutt, to big to move. The serpent would be the quest-giver in the Tsaesci main-quest (like Martin: "go fetch ... and then report back")

good idea? yes ===> concept art?

no ===> i'll come up with something better (hopefully)

maybe i do have a name now: Serpent's maw? Serpent's Venom (Pale Pass anyone? Wink )
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
10-03-2008, 03:38 PM,

Excellent discussion here people. I ilike what I'm seeing.

Deeza is correct, we do not have a heightmap for Akavir. Kodama had been working on one before his computer went south that had all kinds of conflicts and wasn't workable. I don't think he ever got his computer replaced so we are going to have to start that over again. At least this time we have a link in the general section on heightmap resources. After we finish the island mod, I will move the other resources link into the general folder as well.

Feel free to either start a new heightmap thread in the progress section or continue the one that I started about Kodama's heightmap so that we can have all the ideas for the heightmap in one place.
10-03-2008, 03:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail

good idea? yes ===> concept art.

Seems a fine idea , I'd be interested in seeing some concepts Smile