Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cave Textures
10-19-2008, 01:55 AM,
Cave Textures
My god, having come back here one last time, it's so hard to pull away again.

Anyways, I saw you guys needed some cave textures and such for other cave versions. so, I made textures for the Mudcave, Bonecave, and Lavacave from Morrowind. I apologize for not including normal maps, but A: I can never seem to make perfectly good ones, so it would be better for someone who can actually make good normal maps to, and B: My Photoshop is bugged out, and none of my DDS utilities work. I couldn't even save these as DDS's so I used a converter.

Anyways, you can use these however you want, and I give you free, unchangeable permission.

[Image: Mudcave.jpg]
[Image: Lavacave.jpg]
[Image: Bonecave.jpg]
Lol what?
10-19-2008, 10:19 AM,

Quick, catch him in a net before he escapes! Wink

Nice work! That's essentially 3 tielesets completed in one fell swoop. I wouldn't worry so much about the normal maps. Really good ones need to be created from both the model and the texture.
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM,

The bonecave and the lavacave don't need very complex normal maps. For the mud one, you gotta try to catch a bit of a damp feeling, because it's a cave made out of caked on mud and dirt, so water is going to definitely be in there, along with many cave plants and such, so the wet feeling would be good to capture. But not too wet, or else the cave would be so wet it would collapse on itself and such.

And I think I might have changed my mind about leaving after all, I can do some texture work here and there if I apply myself a bit.

EDIT: I took some comparison pics to show how these textures look alongside their Morrowind variants, and I realized that the lavacave texture I have there is supposed to be pycave, because the actual lavacave was actually a granite-like cave with gray stone. If you would like, I can make the actual lavacave texture so you can have them all. Anyways, here are the pics below.

Bonecave
Morrowind -- Silgrad

Mudcave
Morrowind -- Silgrad

Pycave
Morrowind -- Silgrad

Lavacave
Morrowind
Lol what?
10-19-2008, 05:31 PM,

Nice textures. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
And I think I might have changed my mind about leaving after all, I can do some texture work here and there if I apply myself a bit.
Great and welcome back! :yes:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-19-2008, 06:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
The bonecave and the lavacave don't need very complex normal maps. For the mud one, you gotta try to catch a bit of a damp feeling, because it's a cave made out of caked on mud and dirt, so water is going to definitely be in there, along with many cave plants and such, so the wet feeling would be good to capture. But not too wet, or else the cave would be so wet it would collapse on itself and such.
All of that would be the specular maps though, rather than the normal maps.
10-19-2008, 06:48 PM,

Sorry. I'm a bit of a noob on how this stuff works. I've never fully understood how that all works. So it would be best to leave that to someone who actually does know, and at least has the ability to do it.
Lol what?
10-19-2008, 10:53 PM,

spec maps are the alpha chanel of the normal map, the whiter the shinier.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era