Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell 3,3
10-07-2009, 09:10 PM,
Cell 3,3
In poking around the CS wiki, I came across a list of of common bugs for the CS. One of them reads as follows:

Markers Missing from Local Map

The cell 3,3. If a mod alters ANYTHING at all in the cell 3,3 in any worldspace, (underline added by myself for this post) the player's local map will stop showing the player marker and other markers on the local map. However, this local map error can also happen randomly when going through certain cells without any mods at all, but in this case it's only temporary. No fix is known for the latter bug. This bug will also happen with cell 4,4 if uGridsToLoad is set higher than 5 in Oblivion.ini. However, since increasing uGridsToLoad causes other bugs as well, cell 4,4 should be considered safe to edit.

Now, my question regarding this item is: Does this bug only affect the vanilla OB world spaces, or is it a gift that keeps on giving and will muck up new world spaces as well?

If it only affects vanilla worldspaces, then I can breath a deep sigh of relief. However, if the latter is true, are there any workarounds to avoid this (i.e. removing the landscaping changes via TESGecko)?

This would be very useful to know for the Balfiera mod I am assisting with, so thanks in advance for any answers.
Bard out...

"Stop hitting that key... there is no Escape."
10-07-2009, 11:48 PM,

Hi Braggi, your question is interesting. I do not know alot about worldspaces/cells and their intricacies. But I am interested in hearing an answer. My guess is Sandor or another better versed player/modder can give an educated answer. Hopefully they will chime in.
10-08-2009, 07:25 AM,

Thanks for the reply Zurke. I'm hoping that this was a bug that showed up early on and was later squashed by a subsequent patch to the Oblivion ESM or in the final release of the CS.

I do believe the "editing of the Anvil main entrance exterior cell" bug (mentioned in the same article a bit later on) is still an ongoing one though.

Fingers crossed...
Bard out...

10-08-2009, 03:19 PM,
RE: Cell 3,3
Quote:Originally posted by Braggi
Markers Missing from Local Map

Now, my question regarding this item is: Does this bug only affect the vanilla OB world spaces, or is it a gift that keeps on giving and will muck up new world spaces as well?
I read that article a long time ago and it's true.

Seeing the WS record structure it should affect every WS as stated by the author, however I never tested it.

...are there any workarounds to avoid this (i.e. removing the landscaping changes via TESGecko)?
Yes, just delete that cell from the esp.

I'm hoping that this was a bug that showed up early on and was later squashed by a subsequent patch to the Oblivion ESM or in the final release of the CS.
If you use the latest version of the CS (1.2.0.404) and patched your game to 1.2.0.416 the bug remains the same.

I made a small test file (attached), "cow Tamriel 3,3" , save and exit the game.
Reload the esp then fast travel to e.g. Odiil farm.

The local map inside the Odiil interior is fine, for the exterior the map shifted so you have to move it to the correct location. The player marker and door markers are missing etc.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-09-2009, 07:28 AM,

So, if I understand this correctly, the bug is confined to cell 3,3 only? That I can live with since that cell is far underwater near the edge of the height map in Balfiera.

(Please do correct me if I am wrong.)
Bard out...

10-09-2009, 11:56 AM,

Odiil farm location: -13,20.
The markers disappear after using the fast travel system and affect other cells as well (I tested around 10 different locations).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-09-2009, 06:48 PM,

Ouch!

Well that's something to be very cautious about then. (I'd far rather know about a bug then run into it by accident when it breaks a mod.)

Thank you Sandor. As ever, your thoroughness is appreciated!

Smile
Bard out...