Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Census & Excise
02-13-2006, 09:47 PM,
Census & Excise
Census & Excise
Ranks:
Novice, Apprentice, Clerk, Taxman, Taxtaker, Operative, Agent, Excise Officer, Inspector, Grand Inspector
Initiation: You go to Socucius Ergalla to sign up as a C&E novice.
Socucius Ergalla:
"I must be able to count on your ...uh... reliability... if I cannot be assured of your loyalties, we may all be at stake. The Empire needs its taxes... so it needs loyal agents, as I need your... contribution... to be assured of your uh... loyalty..."
Player Character:
(give 300 septims)
Socucius Ergalla:
"good, now you are a novice, return later and I will give you duties"

Quest-line:
The "unfortunate" death
[Rewards: 500 gold, rise to Apprentice]
when you re-enter Seyda Neen (as a C&E agent) and ask for latest rumors, one rumor will be the death of Socucius Ergalla. A guard will ask you, as the only Census & Excise member in Seyda Neen to help the guards investigate the crime. He promises you a rise in rank should you help out.
He tells you that no guards where around in the warehouse where the killing took place. Socucius Ergalla was found dead with a jagged cut on his throat, his clothes also seemed to be thrown aside.
Asking around Seyda Neen will eventually direct you to the woman living in Indrele Rathryon. She will not admit to the crime. However, you can bribe her to the point where she will say that Socucius Ergalla tried to seduce and rape her.
Looking in a nearby barrel you will discover letters sent by Ergalla. He had tried to buy her love at first, then threatened to raise her taxes if she did not meet him at the warehouse at midnight. There, he attempted to rape her. She killed him with one swift stroke from her chtin dagger and fled. Reporting this to the guards will give you 500 septims, a rise in rank, and kind Dunmer woman who is grateful to you.
Her dialogue:
"Go away, I dont know what you are talking about"
"Well, maybe, I don't know who you are"
"He tried to rape me!"
"Well, yes I did want some sex, but he was such a pervert"
"He tried to raise my taxes for not making love with him and so when I met him, he tried to rape me. I killed him."

Learning the Trade
[Rewards: rise to Clerk]
A Letter is sent to you the day after your rise to Apprentice. The Duke's Courier, sends a letter, and it goes like this:
To: __________
This letter is sent to you by my Courier, I hope he has arrived to you on time. The matter here is no light one, you have dutifully solved a crime and have risen a rank. Rather than allow such an astute one such as you go to waste accounting, I will have you go to the Buckmoth Legion Fort's Census & Excise office. There, the Officer is skilled in dealing with the unwelcoming Redoran, but the Redoran are not openly hostile. I believe it is with them you will find good training.
Therefore, you go to the office in Fort Buckmoth and the Excise Officer there, a kind Redguard by the name of Domas, tells you that he was about to go out and collect census information from Ralos Venim. When you go with him, you listen to their dialogue, note the persuasiveness of Domas, and Venim after giving Domas a hard time gives him the papers, jokes around a bit calling him Athyn's boy, and tells him to go to Athyn as that Councilor has information on a citizen unwillin to pay taxes. Domas and you go to Athyn to who greets him as if he is family, in fact Athyn is very close friends with a clan of Redguards of which Todwendy, Neminda, and Domas are a part of. Athyn tells you of Dravasa Andrethi who is very poor and unable to pay up as of yet. He says that he will give you 20 ash yams to trade with her for 30 gold since her concern is that she will not be able to feed herself. When you go to her shack and Domas asks this of her, she agrees and takes out 30 gold... all that she has. The 20 Ash yams is given to her. Upon returning to the Buckmoth C&E office, Domas will tell you that it was a pleasure having you help him and that he will recommend your rise in rank. He also notes that there is no current Vvardenfell C&E Grand Inspector, and Duke Vedam Dren is eager to appoint a new one. He rcommends visiting the Duke in Ebonheart.
Delivery
[Rewards: rise to Taxman, 200 gold]
Duke Vedam Dren will exchange some kind words with you commenting on your abilities. He will then ask you to give a sealed package to Apelles Matius. He is currently an Imperial Court official inspecting Vvardenfell. Currently he is residing in Ebonheart, give him the package and return to the Duke, who will raise you a rank, and give you 200 gold for your troubles.
The Telvanni
[Rewards: rise to Taxtaker]
Speaking to Domas once more will lead him to ask you to go to Wolverine Hall to help Procis Pundus, the Wolverine Hall Excise Agent, extract taxes from the Mouths in the Telvanni Council House. Two Imperial Guards accompany you as you and the Excise Agent walk to the Telvanni Council House. As soon as you enter, a clannfear attacks the retinue but is quickly killed. After talking to Aryon's Mouth and recieving 1000 gold, you and the Agent, and the guards go back to Wolverine Hall. Pundus comments that sometimes they will bully you but you must stand up to them. He also says that although the Telvanni are short several thousand septims, they are not a wealthy people in terms of gold, and so are unable to pay up fully, not to mention unwilling. Procis Pundus will now raise your rank, and suggest if you are getting bored, to go stop smuggler and pirates on the Bitter Coast... he then laughs and says that you should return to Seyda Neen.

Smuggler Conspiracy
[Rewards: rise to Operative]
Go to Sellus Gravius after being told to do so by a Guard in Seyda Neen. Gravius fears that there is a smuggler's plot to have pirates raid Seyda Neen so they can get a large ebony shipment onto the mainland. Sellus Gravius tells you to go to Gnaar Mok where a smuggler, Tadave Vandal, will be... ask him about pirates and he will say nothing. Bribe him to a certain point and he will reveal the plan. He says he wants nothing to do with it and was drawn in by his fellows. Report back to Sellus Gravius with the name of the smuggler to get a rise in rank.

Big Deal
[Rewards: rise to Agent]
Sellus Gravius will tell you that his intelligence has notified him that the pirates and the smugglers are making the deal in Balmora. Asking around will direct you to the Council Club. You will overhear a conversation between a pirate and Tadave Vandal, the smuggler, apparently their leader. After you hear the entire deal, though short, you will get a journal entry. You will return to Sellus Gravius with the news. He will rise you a rank and tell you to direct the Legionaires to cut off the smugglers.

Tattle Tale
[Rewards: rise to Excise Officer]
The smugglers, according to what you heard in the Council Club, have their ebony in several sacks just south of Gnaar Mok, hidden in a large tree stump. You are to go and verify this. When you do, return to Gravius to rise a rank. He will tell you that Imperial Guards will be quickly sent to appropriate the stolen ebony.
NOTE: nothing prevents you from being self-generous by taking a bit of ebony Big Grin

ARGHH! Pirates!
[Rewards: rise to Inspector, pick a bodyguard]
Gravius informs you that his intelligence informs him that the pirates have no knowledge that the smuggler's cache is gone and are on their way to raid Seyda Neen. Imperial Cutters are too busy thwarting a smuggling operation near Ebbedin, so the hlaalu have lent one of their ships. He asks you to come with him and find the pirates and stop them before they hit Seyda Neen. You automatically teleport to a Hlaalu ship far out at sea that is alongside a Pirate ship. Two wooden planks connect the ships and Hlaalu an dImperial soldiers charge against the prates. Gravius thanks you after the battle for helping them navigate. He offers to hire a bodyguard for you, in case you have other dangerous jobs. You may chose from any race, the bodyguard will be armed with steel and wearing Steel. Not ideal, but he will be a tough fighter.

Jackpot
[Rewards: rise to Grand Inspector, get a Imperial Cutter]
Duke Vedam Dren will send a letter to you, explaining to make haste and go to him right away. He says that the Blades have informed him of a Cammona Tong group that is planning to steal the taxes gathered in the Vivec Foreign Quarter. Go to an Ordinator in the FOreign Quarter and ask him about investigating Cammona Tong, he says an Ordinator will be sent to the canalworks, and to meet him there. That Ordinator will go with you in the sewers and there you will find a dead Taxman, a bag of 2000 gold, and two Cammona Tong members. The Ordinators and your bodyguard should be enough to take on these upstart gangsters and when you are done, go to Dren to be raised a rank. You must also give him the 2000 gold. He also rewards you an Imperial Cutter of your own, which you can sail to any town with a port on Vvardenfell. There will also be a specified area for your ship to dock so that there aren't any glitches or bugs. :yes:

Grand Inspector Missions
Tax Riot:
Pirate Cove:
02-13-2006, 10:01 PM,

suggestions and comments welcome! :yes:

(I know, I forgot to edit previous post)
02-13-2006, 10:06 PM,

You have spend some time on this one I guess.. good job on the quests all of them are good... But when I see the names of the quest I automaticly sees which would be the best..

ARGHH! Pirates!

Keep up the good work! :goodjob:
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
02-13-2006, 10:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by EnnJ
You have spend some time on this one I guess.. good job on the quests all of them are good... But when I see the names of the quest I automaticly sees which would be the best..

ARGHH! Pirates!

Keep up the good work! :goodjob:
Big Grin thanks matey!
02-14-2006, 01:18 AM,

maybe an idea would be you go and whoever the Leader of cenus is says there has been a tax revolt in some small town you can help either side if u help the guild promotion to leader if u help town some nice reward for the guild u lead 2 cenus guard to kill the local revolt leader and for the town you lead 2 revolters to kill the local landlord
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
02-14-2006, 01:23 AM,

hey that is a good idea...
the Morag Tong had writs only for grandmasters...

maybe there are special mission for Grand Inspectors?
02-14-2006, 01:24 AM,

ye i have had alot of ideas for betmeri like you do quests for the adviosor of the Leader Goblin like get him silver staff of war get 6 skooma for the warleader to get his goblins to expand his lab get him a full set of alchemy things and other stuff
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-21-2006, 03:24 AM,

not in the C&E thread...

anyhow, I bump this incase anyone want to see it
03-21-2006, 05:30 AM,

Hmm.....I think I remember the boat from the east of balmora.It was near a tomb or somewhere but they didn't attack me.I mean...they did after i asked them about ash statues.Anyways.Good job! :goodjob:
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
04-26-2006, 02:38 PM,

I like this a lot! Good work.

I dunno if I like the rape part. I mean, it's a good quest but perhaps you could use some other words for it? It's just a little unpleasant (not that the game should be all peachy, but, er, I can't say this without sounding like a little boy who wants his mommy to hold his hand).