Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cerro Vampires
12-23-2006, 11:40 PM,

:goodjob: even more than I hoped in a way.

The state of the 'house' should reflect the time they have been there.

they need at least one boat to fish or they starve, and there have to be enough of them so teat they can bargain with the pirates.

Maybe they created some dug-down and turved-over dwellings like the stoneage folks too = minimal wood needed... more rocks and stuff if they have salvages tools from the wrecked ship.

That could give the community the size needed to survive in a harsh environment.

They would have a storehouse made the same way too.

Good news, saw ataridante on the boards - gonna chat about alchemy Wink
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-25-2006, 06:48 AM,

Otay

I'll see what I can come up with

But before I "delete" this one....j/king Big Grin

How can an Asian Theme'd Island be without the "long walk" up the old worn out stone or wood steps to the temple.

Smile
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-26-2006, 12:43 PM,

:lol: Aahhhh, bob ######s I see you have raised a whole new continent.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

12-27-2006, 12:41 AM,

Well

I figure if I don't use it in our quest
and I don't delete it
Then maybe I can use it somewhere's else as a seperate mod

maybe

12-27-2006, 11:46 AM,

There is an island in between Black Marshes and Elsweyr that seems to be unmarked and debateable territory. If you have a hankering for a grand mini-colony that might be a possibility - there is a thread on that.

Also the 'unexplored' territories are ideal for this sort of thing.

What I am getting at is that the sea around Vvardenfell is very much explored territory in most peoples' minds and I prefer changes to be on the basis of increased numbers/detail rather than major additions.

Your 'new island' rises from the sea bed idea attracted me because that happens all over the world due to the action of crustal and tidal forces along with the effect of other weight displacements caused by the oceans.

So I hope that you will create your island as a comparatively newly risen entity (with a long and winding path to the main house from the sea) plus 'dugout' homes and storage, but no full grown trees.

If you imagine that your refugees/settlers discovered the island about 10years before then the pirates discovered them about 2yrs later when they had run low on certain necessities then you have opportunity for hosting and significant trade, but not enough for a truly sophisticated development.

As I said, if the shape of the island is convoluted then that will provide loads of land area and variation in a small space, plus keeping the island population generally hidden from passersby ...
Steven Erikson.

12-27-2006, 07:51 PM,

I wouldn't say I was "Hankering" but its a good idea, of course my current island wouldn't fit at all

:yes:

01-24-2007, 04:37 AM,
RE: What the Nerev finds at the ship
[quote]Originally posted by raggidman
[quote]Originally posted by raggidman
-------------------------------------

What the Nerev finds at the ship:

I cut the rest out, tis very long..

I noticed you used only 2 "ss" instead of 3 "sss" on a few occasions, must be a drinking Argonian. Big Grin

I like it, I attempt to put it into a data spread sheet (I'm pretty good with them) somedays.

Enjoy
Bob

01-24-2007, 11:55 AM,
Cool As stated I will be thoroughly revising at some stage - one essential will be whether the models / available npcs, buildings Lore etc accurately match what I am trying for. If not I will then adjust all again.

I'm incorporating your drunken Legionnaire idea :goodjob:
Steven Erikson.

01-24-2007, 12:28 PM,
Well New Models I doubt we will be getting.

If you can put together a list of what you think we will need I can look around, maybe we can get lucky and find a few things to fit

The more likely case is we will need to adjust to fit what we have

Enjoy
Bob