As far as I can see (with my glasses) it should be a book

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-24-2008, 03:09 AM,

I will make "The Monastery" into a book. I'm now moving this thread to the Quest development pages, so you guys can continue with the story in-game.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-24-2008, 04:28 AM,

Domo

Look forward to seeing it

Enjoy
Bob

12-24-2008, 01:34 PM,

The Monastery

[This appears to be the first volume of a lurid piece of pulp fiction describing the sinister goings-on and dastardly murders in a remote, magical monastery guarding an ages-old secret. Yet something seems strange to you as you read it. The details are too precise, the story, for all its high drama, strangely plausible... Could this somehow be a lost record of real events?]

Arthresius Indigator, a scholar and a monk dedicated to Julianos living in Dagon Fel, studied for long years the knowledge and the wisdom of the world. One day his mentor, the great Adeptus Satiens, decided that it was time to send this promising mind to the only place to introduce Arthresius to the deepest secrests of science and belief he knew of: the Lumen Julianii, a secret and hidden monastery only to be found by those who proved worthy.

He wanted to give Arthranos a good start, so he gave him some sealed scrolls, describing in enthusiastic words the promising biography and the brilliant achievements of Arthresius. So the scholar began his voyage through Morrowind, initiated into the secrets of where and how to find the Lumen Julianii.

In the very heart of the Empire, in Cyrodiil, another promising scholar of the magical arts, Cupidus Scientiae, turned away from the path of wisdom. Intelligent, talented, ruthless and impatient he mixed all known magic without understanding that he toyed with forces much bigger than he was. Ignoring all the wise restrictions, he used darker powers, pawning his own life-energy until these powers absorbed him and maliciously corrupted and twisted his spells. He became addicted to them, having to use more and more of the magic which fed on him on the other hand.

But in his studies he learned about a place called the Lumen Julianii and about the hidden well of pure magic they guarded there. Presuming that this would not only cure him of the curse brought on by his meddling but also provide him with a second chance to lay his hands on this power he was searching for, he decided to find this place. He travelled through the lands of Morrowind, knowing that somewhere the monastery lay hidden.

By pure chance he stumbled over Arthresius Indigator, who had a last meeting with his friends in Dagon Fel to tell them about his imminent travel. There he decided to follow him secreatly and to kill him, when the passeageway to the monastery was revealed.

After the murder, to his great surprise he found the sealed scrolls on the body and quickly saw the chance to change his identity and so, taking the other's place, enter the secrets of Lumen Julianii. But as for what transpired after, no living soul knows for sure.

I have added a small preface and slightly extended the end of this text, because before it just ended suddenly. Presumably this will now act as the trigger for the quest to find the monastery?

02-22-2010, 05:18 AM,

What happens after has always been the question

Reena did have some ideas which I can find on the old forum if your interested in seeing what they are

I have had some ideas on this as well for ES3 which could be easily
produced for ES4 as it is all ideas

The Magic Well if not already made is necessary for this as are the stables
and servents quarters

Jeremy had made the Juliano's armor some time ago I do not know if this was ever redone for ES4 but this too would be necessary as well as the Monks robes.

Its a great quest oppertunity that shou b taken advantage of

as with others I will help any way possible

Enjoy
Bob

02-22-2010, 09:26 AM,

Hmm. Do you think you could track down those other ideas of Reena's. I'm trying to get a feel for the whole project right now, and some background story would be useful. Hopefully, we could have a followup quest to this story in TES4...