Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chitin Armor
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM,
Chitin Armor
Take a look, looks nice, maybe we can use it, we need permission but there is a resource file there.

TESnexus
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-22-2007, 03:35 PM,

Yeah, it's not half bad. I think Ma'iq had made a really nice Chitin helm over in the Vis Dev board, and Dave tackled chitin armor once. But this is the first finished set that I've ever seen. Should I buzz the author and ask for permission to use his set?
10-22-2007, 06:30 PM,

I like it, but I don't know about the arms... the helm looks like a retexture of the Bonemold helm by cryonaut (I think). ?(

Anyway, it's armour nonetheless, I think it would be great to have in the mod. :yes:
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM,

I think the arms look great Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
10-22-2007, 08:16 PM,

Aright, I'll give him a shot, then. I'm not really a fan of Chitin in general, but this set's really growing on me.
10-22-2007, 09:06 PM,

I must say, the arms look weird, and the helm definitely looks like a cryo retex. The entire thing could really do with a retex, just to make it look more segmented. The breastplate needs to have many more pieces, and look more insectoid.

And i'm sorry, but the arms just look bizarre.

Just my opinion, but i don't think that armor does the TES3 version justice. One of our modellers could do a much better job, if you can find one without a huge to-do list. Just my opinion though.

here's a screenshot of part of the MW armor, and this guy's armor, just for comparison
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-22-2007, 10:00 PM,

According to the author's readme, the armor is a retex of Ghogiel's Dreugh Armor. The goggles were from another mod, and the helmet is Cyro's. It is all retextured... I like it, honestly.
Seniosh, Silgrad's modeling department has not produced any completed Chitin armor. This author sort of stands alone in that respect.
10-23-2007, 12:41 AM,

The Morrowind version does'nt look like much, the Oblivion mod version looks a lot more insectiod, the arms make the armor look unique and that's a very good thing.
But yeah i do agree it needs a retexture, maybe dark brown or black so it looks more like a bug.
Akavir mod leader.
10-23-2007, 02:30 AM,

It looks okay. I know BM could use it, so please put in a word for us as well. :yes:

The arms are weird, but easily fixed in Blender. Big Grin
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
10-23-2007, 04:02 AM,

Er... I love the arms?
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I