Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City Guidebooks
12-21-2009, 01:17 AM,
City Guidebooks
Hi everyone, andy12750 has offered to write a city guidebook for each of our cities. So first of all, we need a list of the features of each city which would be shown in these guides (landmarks, interesting places to visit, places to stay and so on.)

I'd be grateful if those who have been working on Soulrest and Gideon could suggest things for those cities, but I'll start off with a few suggestions for Stormhold (feel free to add others):

1. The Marsh Elf Ruins
2. Cathedral of Divine Akatosh and Mara
3. Iulius Rottmere Museum of Argonian Folklore
4. The Census and Excise Office (very important for players newly arrived in the Marsh)
5. The Imp Park (the one in the corner with imp statues, it could do with an interesting back story)

Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-21-2009, 06:09 AM,
RE: City Guidebooks
The castle seems an obvious one...plus there's that hospice of Mara
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
12-21-2009, 10:31 AM,

City guides would be great. Nice idea, Andy. This thread should prove useful: CLAIM: City Planning and AI . The post I linked to contains the city planning maps for Stormhold but there are other maps in there as well that Andy can use as a general reference when he's writing.

I think there is also an old guide to Stormhold that TheGreyWizard wrote up way back. Is it not in the books section?

Also, the cities will inherit much more character as the quests begin to appear. The focus is presently on interiors whilst I get things like armour, races and creatures into the mix. Once I'm done with that then it's full steam ahead with the quests.

Btw, JK is right about those two. And the hospice will have our resident Plague Doctor with zaneeba's models: Open Model Claims .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-21-2009, 09:12 PM,

Okay, we should also decide who writes them. We could have an Argonian that knows how to read and write, or an Imperial noble or govener. I'd suggest the latter, as most Argonians don't know how to read nor right Cyrodiilic. I'll go check out the city plans soon, and start on a guide sometime soon. I won't do Stormhold just yet until we find out if TheGreyWizard already wrote one.
12-21-2009, 09:17 PM,

Yeah, there is a guide that TheGreyWizard wrote (I found it and pointed it out here: Deeza's books ) but it's far from complete. The text is mostly from the guide to Skingrad, so you're better off starting from scratch. Also, it uses a vanilla model, and we may as well use a BM model, since it's a BM book.

12-21-2009, 09:22 PM,

Okay, i'll start on a new Guide to Stormhold tonight.
12-21-2009, 10:59 PM,

From the sound of it, we're probably best pasting over the old guide with your new one, Andy.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-22-2009, 07:47 AM,

If you want to find the old one in the CS, it's under Book1CheapGuideStormhold, so if you edit the content of the book to use for yours, you'd probably be best changing the ID of the book as well, although that needs discussing with Deeza and IG first.

12-22-2009, 10:48 AM,

Thanks, JK. I was looking for that. Smile