Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City creating guide?
06-08-2006, 04:43 AM,

yea, well the one on elder-scrolls.com explains quite some about inserting objects.. im mainly wondering how do city are (cell?) react to the basic tamriel map. i mean the exterior, surroundings around city still belong to the cell of city and then city and some radius of land around it is connected to tamriel terrain somehow.. i think the outern walls of city and small area of land around it belong to citys own territory and not to tamriel terrain but i aint sure :S these kinda things i wonder

so if you got any tutorials beside elder-scrolls.com post them here.
06-08-2006, 01:44 PM,

Cities have their own seperate worldspaces that are child worldspaces of the worldspace they are linked too. In the parent worldspace you must by hand put down LOD objects and any other structures found in Oblivion to give the effect that the exterior is the same as the child worldspace.
06-08-2006, 03:37 PM,

Allright. thats how i understood it too from the ES.com tutorial.. but how does it connect to the tamriel map? i mean.. do the groundlevel of both tamriel and city terrains map be identical.. or does the game automatically know to fix the edges somehow?
06-09-2006, 01:33 AM,

The ground level doesn't matter. Something to do with the child/parent worldspace relationship sets up LOD if I understand correctly, there is no special terrain outside the city, just the LOD. I don't know how exactly its set up though because I've never tried creating it.
06-09-2006, 05:25 AM,

but in Reich Parkeep screens for example, you can see terrain area around the city walls.. like the hills that RP city is on. Is that land just fake so it matters nothing? I thought it belongs to the city's own worldspace.. hmm :S
06-09-2006, 07:03 AM,

Thatm doesn't matter cause you can;t acully go there
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
06-09-2006, 07:05 AM,

yea, but you DO walk from outside to the main gate of city.. so does the actual city's own space start right where the wall raises??
06-09-2006, 02:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by gravedigger84
yea, but you DO walk from outside to the main gate of city.. so does the actual city's own space start right where the wall raises??

Yes, the Imperial Districts begin right where the wall raises.
06-09-2006, 07:17 PM,

Allright. Thansk for your answers, that clears things a bit.
I suppose i have just try to find out more when i have little bit more time than right now.. by testing things in CS. It mightnt be that easy cause im not any familiar with CS before Smile
06-11-2006, 12:16 PM,

I mean exterior cell like this from Bruma!

[Image: brumaext01.jpg]

That was my whole point, isnt this the one cell thats to be created at first thing when making city??
Its cube shaped cell.. and i ment what i said earlier, that outern edges of this cell.. must be same z-level (height) than the next cell on the outern world thats connected to it (wilderness) right?

Not only that but it has city walls and door that enters to interior cells of city so one must make exterior cell city close to the size that interior cells of city's together are so the sizes feels right :S So if im to make a test city i must use heightmap and stuff first to make exterior cell.. :o