Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim 008 - Dungeon - the Monster's Volcano Lair
09-28-2008, 10:22 AM,
Claim 008 - Dungeon - the Monster's Volcano Lair
This is the lair of a vicious monster which has terrorised the Tang Mo for generations. If the player can kill it, the Tang Mo will help the Imperials against the Tsaesci.

Ysne suggested that we use Edolsian's Volcano Dungeon for this cave. We still need a final decision on this, but even if we do use it, the dungeon must be cleaned (dirty references removed) and adapted to be suitable for our mod (ie. made a realistic size).

Finally, you need to make a scary monster for the end of the cave. Something really nasty, ideally unique but at the very least retextured.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM,

i will make concept art for the creature, that's what i do, thnx for remembering and giving me (i hope) an assignment
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
10-01-2008, 12:38 PM,

Great! Just a couple of details though - I don't want to restrict your creative talent, but I think we need a couple of guidelines for the design of this monster. I'm sorry I didn't post them earlier.

The main thing is that it has to be fairly close in appearance to a creature from Vanilla oblivion, so that it can be made using a modified mesh instead of making one from scratch. If we want to make this release by December as we planned, it has to be something that can be modeled fairly quickly.

The other thing is that it should be a fairly natural-looking creature (ie. not man-made). The monster is an ancient legend on the island, so it should look as though it belongs there in the jungle environment.

OK? I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-01-2008, 03:09 PM,

It might be better to do a fresh volcano cave and save Edolsian's for later. I have started playing with TES4Gecko (the latest release) and am working on one of Edolsian's smaller dungeons first.

I am thinking perhaps 3 to 10 rooms with a either a door type connection or a tunnel to the cave near the tsaesci encampment with that cave also being 3 to 10 rooms.

I do not have any of this set in stone though. A great deal of this depends on how much we can get done and how much time people have to put in this. I do not want to create a situation where anyone feels overwhelmed.

Ysne
10-02-2008, 01:41 AM,

For a really easy-to-create creature, you could put the fire atronarch (sp) flame texture on that golem looking creature. Makes a perfect "lava golem"
10-02-2008, 03:22 PM,

I'm thinking of using the Troll mesh, retexturing it, giving it horns, and maybe tiki-armor, only because i like creatures with huge front legs and little hind legs (as you probably noticed in my Kamal and War-Dragon).
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]