Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim 011 - Interiors - Imperial Settler Buildings
12-16-2008, 11:34 AM,

You're going to have to fix some of the UV mapping on the model, as currently it is distorting the bamboo texture.
12-16-2008, 12:21 PM,

if your using gimp for your textures and normal map, have a look here for a guide - http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...ormal_Maps
(looks like a problem i had a while back with the glossy walls)
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM,

The Bamboo texture is good.But the Roof UW need some change,for a better look with this texture.Easy to do.

Anyway,the walls looks cool.Keep it up the good work.
12-16-2008, 08:52 PM,

I thought the roof looked a bit weird.

For reference i use paint.net for all my graphic work.
As for the glossy walls i think i put the roughness for the normal map up a bit to high ill have to lower it.
Thank you for the constructive criticism it helps :goodjob:
12-16-2008, 09:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
Is this from CS or ingame? The bamboo roof does not look right to me (too much space between the bamboo "sticks" IMHO, but hey - I'm not an expert Wink ). What has been retextured?
It looks cool btw. Smile

This is in CS,the graphic is better in game.

But wait,i dont know!Big Grin

Ciaogamer,is this in Cs or ingame?
12-16-2008, 11:01 PM,

Sadly its in game

Thats shows how cutting edge my Pc is Wink
12-17-2008, 06:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ciao_gamer

As for the glossy walls I think I put the roughness for the normal map up a bit to high ill have to lower it.

Ahhh, I remember when I was in the Void team, I also had huge issues about having the walls/textures glow too much. It was really a pain in an ass and I remember RA was helping us with this, but we did not go far as I can remember.
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
12-17-2008, 06:55 AM,

Ive been fiddling around with paint.net. I use a plugin that converts greyscale into normal map. It has a roughness scale of 1 - 10 that i can use. It turns out that 7.5 is great for weapon and armor textures but its way to high for textures ment for larger meshes. It looks more natrual now.
12-17-2008, 10:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ciao_gamer
I've been fiddling around with paint.net. I use a plugin that converts greyscale into normal map. It has a roughness scale of 1 - 10 that I can use. It turns out that 7.5 is great for weapon and armor textures but its way to high for textures ment for larger meshes. It looks more natrual now.
With normal maps the scale of the texture is not really the defining factor of what setings you should use. Remember that you're trying to emulate a material, and that your diffuse, normal and specular maps all contribute to this.

If an objects looks overly shiny it's usually due to the alpha channel on the normal map being too light. Often textures are saved with the wrong compression format, which adds in the alpha channel when here should be none. If you don't want a specualr map you need to save with DXT1 (no alpha).
12-17-2008, 11:21 PM,

anything above 6 ends up producing a lot of grain and not much volume in a normal map. what i suggest is a process of progressive blurring and normal maps, as outlined here (the number of layers and the type of blending can be adjusted for different effects). with a little patience it gets fantastic results.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era