Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim code switch-around
02-07-2009, 02:39 PM,
Claim code switch-around
I thought I'd mention the claim code switch-around I've done recently. (I just recently sent the changes to sandor, so the change isn't in the current esm).

As I've mentioned before I'm working on contracting the city layout in places where I can. The base area of the city was just too huge to be navigated around easily, and at the same time I felt there were too many open claims so I figured I might as well delete a few unclaimed houses here and there to speed up the progress towards completing the city.

Lately I've been doing this for the areas I called Ravanil's Valor and Valley of St. Seryn. Instead of making starter cells, which would have been needed for a lot of the unclaimed houses there, I instead hooked up already-modded interiors from areas I wanted to delete and made them exit to houses in these two areas which I wanted to keep. Here is a crude map I made for my personal use of Area 01, which is/will be in SoluthisWorld10.
[Image: th_The_new_Soluthis_area01.jpg]

And to have a record of the switch-around I wrote down this list. To the left is the new claim code, to the right is the claim code it used to be.

Soluthis0101 was Soluthis0107
Soluthis0102 was Soluthis0109
Soluthis0103 was Soluthis0108
Soluthis0104 was Soluthis0111
Soluthis0105 was Soluthis0112
Soluthis0106 was Soluthis0113
Soluthis0107 was Soluthis0103
Soluthis0108 was Soluthis0207
Soluthis0109 was Soluthis0706
Soluthis0110 was Soluthis1103
Soluthis0111 was Soluthis0708
Soluthis0112 was Soluthis1105
Soluthis0113 was Soluthis1106
Soluthis0114 was Soluthis0203
Soluthis0115 was Soluthis0202
Soluthis0116 was Soluthis0208
Soluthis0117 was Soluthis0209
Soluthis0118 was Soluthis0104
Soluthis0119 was Soluthis1110
Soluthis0120 was Soluthis0102
Soluthis0121 was Soluthis0116
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM,
RE: Claim code switch-around
Thanks for posting the new ID's. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-09-2009, 02:16 AM,

For a fickle-minded guy like me it was a bit of a pain to keep track of all the switching hehe, but I've learnt from past mistakes and keep a log of everything I do while I work. =)

black[/hr]

I keep thinking there's this huge amount of work left to be done on Soluthis, because I've gotten used to that way of thinking ever since like the spring of 2007. But as I look around the city after this last change (Soluthis Work 10b) it's closer to completion that I could imagine. The areas of the city left for me to fix up is basically the harbour and the "beachview" area and then I can move on to improving the quality of what's there.

For those who haven't kept track of the city's development, -this- is how we were used to seeing Soluthis in the last public release.

Let's start directly northwest of the North Imperial District, on the page marked Area 01. The Choir and Star of Soluthis are gone, but Venim's Hold remain (and is part of the new Area 01). Further north was Area 02, holding Ravanil's Valor and Northaven - it's completely gone. Area 03 furtherst to the north had Molagh Khestis - completely gone. Just east of that was Area 07 which I called Northeastern Heights - also completely gone. Then east of the Temple was Area 08, home to Sotha's Countenance and The Cog - gone. Take a new look at the old overview page; see the large area that almost looks blank between Kali Gulas Square in the southeast up to the beginnings of The Cog? That whole area was deleted (except for a very nice waterfall which I think WhiteWizard modded). So, the jist of it is that the whole city layout has been contracted in all four directions, except perhaps for the Redoran palace. There were sparsely modded interiors in the deleted areas, and those interiors were relocated to the area north of the North Imperial District as listed in this thread's original post.

There's only 30 claims left in Soluthis (!)
So - knock on wood - if all goes according to plan it won't be that long before the city's complete, both exterior and interior =)
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
02-09-2009, 08:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
There's only 30 claims left in Soluthis(!)

You make me wish I had the time to blitz 'em. =) I would if I could.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-10-2009, 12:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
You make me wish I had the time to blitz 'em. =) I would if I could.

It's the thought that counts. Smile
Angel mired in filth
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM,

The ID's for the AI packs, quests, NPC's and topics have been changed (where applicable). Meaning the old claim codes have been replaced by the new ones posted in the OP. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-11-2009, 08:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
The ID's for the AI packs, quests, NPC's and topics have been changed (where applicable). Meaning the old claim codes have been replaced by the new ones posted in the OP. Smile

Thankyou so much! =)
Angel mired in filth
06-01-2009, 10:39 PM,

I'm making the final piece of the puzzle which will complete Soluthis' city layout. There'll certainly be plenty of work for me afterwards to finetune everything before I'm content with the way the city looks, but the layout will come together in many senses once the bulk of my work on the harbor is completed.

Some tech info will follow for anyone who may be interested Tongue

As you might know, I previously deleted a huge chunk of the city to the north and with it went a lot of open claims. A handful of claims were modded however, and I could fit most of them in the area between the north Imperial district and the hill and stretching westward (or in other words, the area west of the Temple). But seven claims were left behind, and currently they sit as isolated houses in what used to be the northern part of Soluthis but is now plain wilderness. They are: 0201, 0210, 0212, 0213, 0215, 0306 and 0309.

My plan is to turn 0212 Guardtower into 1001 Riverview Barracks. I will turn the normal homes of 0213 and 0215 into 1002 and 1003. Then I will add a tavern, a hole and two round homes to the harbor layout and those will correspond to the remaining claims.

I will likely delete 1004. I should probably have done that from the get-go when it wound up inside that worldspace.

I might add an additional hole building which would become the office of The Daily Cuttle, but I'll hold off until I know if it fits into the layout or not. If it doesn't then I'll just look up a starter cell I made earlier and re-designate the claim to be the office.
Angel mired in filth
06-07-2009, 11:09 AM,

You make me wish I had the time to blitz 'em. I would if I could.

I might have to have a look over on the claims and find myself a small interior to do! Doing a fresh install of oblivion at the moment so once that's all finished I''ll try and get out the rusty old CS and get used to it!
06-07-2009, 05:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Auraya

You make me wish I had the time to blitz 'em. I would if I could.

I might have to have a look over on the claims and find myself a small interior to do! Doing a fresh install of oblivion at the moment so once that's all finished I''ll try and get out the rusty old CS and get used to it!

Great, I look forward to seeing what you come up with! There are a handful of claims left to mod in Soluthis. Oh, and welcome back to the team Smile
Angel mired in filth