Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claims thread Discussion
12-14-2008, 12:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
That's my modeling cluelessness showing, then. Big Grin In your opinion, will these huts ever be useable?
I don't think it matters if they could ever be usable - anyone with a bit of experience with a 3d modelling program could create the models for these huts in a couple of minutes. The UV mapping and texturing isn't very good either.

Just from the screenshots I can tell that not much time was put into the creation of this resource.

To answer the question: I do believe that with some effort the assets in this resource could be made usable, but it would be much more beneficial for someone fairly new to modelling to create something similar from scratch as they would learn a lot more from it.
12-14-2008, 10:53 AM,

Thanks. So does anyone want to make any more huts for us?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-14-2008, 11:10 AM,

Great! So you might be able to do some models soon?

Hopefully yes. I have been busy trying to get a model into oblivion. I can make one without collision, but with collision it crashes.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
12-14-2008, 02:40 PM,

After reading your views guys, I would go with nick_op on this actually. Some of our concept art presently being discussed is absolutely gorgeous (here: Water top housing ) and we have some talented modellers of our own who know what we need in the Black Marshes. Koniption's huts are far superior so I suggest we let our guys practice their art instead and kick this stuff into touch.

Normally I'm all in favour of 'borrowing' resources as much as possible because I want to see Black Marsh happening....like....now but some models, especially huts, can easily be replicated (and made better) in-house.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-15-2008, 11:33 PM,

Okay, back to the subject at hand on this thread (we've gone a bit off-track here) and I can report that I am almost done with the extra prep work that sandor needed doing in order to do the region generation for Blackwood.

He basically needed me to record and delete the door links (which can be replaced later) so I have been taking a trip through the settlements of Black Marsh. I can happily report that I am absolutely awestruck by what I've been seeing. Some of the intricate design work is amazing. I'm especially fond of Stonewastes and, though I worry about the positioning of Seafalls on the landmass, it is nonetheless an outstanding piece of modding. Some of our buildings look incredible with...the re-textures of vanilla buildings(?)!

Anyway, more news! I've been working for ThePriest909 lately as a voice actor and he hinted that he might be interested in helping out a little with the landscaping. It won't be for a while yet but once GTA2 is out (very soon!) then he may be looking to move onto something a little different and I suggested BM. He's already created complete landscapes before with 'Zedar' and I'd hoped he might be interested in something a little different. Here's hoping!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-16-2008, 08:38 PM,

The task mentioned above has now been completed and a new esp sent to sandor.
12-16-2008, 08:41 PM,

Congratulations! I can't wait to see it.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM,

Same here, gj!
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
12-16-2008, 09:09 PM,

Congratulations! I can't wait to see it.

Agreed,can't wait!
12-17-2008, 04:30 PM,

Quick update: sandor will be starting on this once the teaser mod is released for 'Silgrad Tower' (release date = 1st January). Our efforts should mainly be focused on modelling and other things not directly affecting the esm/esps for the time being.