Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Cluttering' problem in CS 1.0.303
05-17-2007, 06:14 PM,
'Cluttering' problem in CS 1.0.303
After about 10 hours of reading int he last couple days, i can't seem to find my problem...nor can I find a common reason why this is happening:

I load my mod in CS... I open the region editing section, find my region, find one of the 'chunks' of regions I have placed for my island, start generating the trees, shrubs, rocks, etc. and the CS either breaks to the error reporter or it crashes to the desktop. At first I thought the land was too high so I matched it against the heightmap and 'max height' setting in the clutter/object window. well....more than enough leeway there. So height is not the problem. I thought maybe there was some broken pieces, so through the whole region piece, I soften everything a bit more. still, no go.

Here is an idea of my land (opened in paint so i can keep track fo what I've done.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/...ds/tmp.jpg

After 13 crashes this morning alone... I can't get anything else done.

i am using 1 Gb memory, windows xp sp2, rebooted in selective mode, basically nothing running except what is needed and graphcis card utils. lots of memory available and more than enough hdd space. the region settings are borrowed from vanilla Oblivion's Blackwood01.

Do you guys here in these diffderent projects have ANY tips and ideas what I may be doing wrong?

If you need more info, I'll try to supply.

Thank you.
"With having a hobby of 'Slaughtering the Innocent', one must have to wonder just what sort of person you are." --Laughlynn
05-17-2007, 06:21 PM,
RE: 'Cluttering' problem in CS 1.0.303
Could you send (PM) me the link for the esp or attach it to a post.
I'll have a look (I have time right now).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-17-2007, 07:13 PM,
uploading now
I'll have it on megaupload in amoment...

Also... I've been playing with it and it seems, copying and pasting a cell into the region also crashes it.

For anyoen else who wants to try:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DGPNMMFZ
"With having a hobby of 'Slaughtering the Innocent', one must have to wonder just what sort of person you are." --Laughlynn
05-18-2007, 12:16 AM,
people can forget this now.
Well... i think i found out what I was doing wrong. Everytime I laid a new 'piece' of the region for cluttering, after I placed my X's, I would hit apply, not making the shadow...or whatever the right-click option was. Now I have a fully cluttered land and a revised region for weather and sound. thank you for the consideration though. This thread can now be closed/locked if needed.

:goodjob: Big Grin Cool
05-18-2007, 03:29 PM,
RE: people can forget this now.
Quote:Originally posted by James_Richards
Well... I think I found out what I was doing wrong.
Great. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-18-2007, 05:02 PM,

Gets me one step closer to actually picking up a claim here and know WHAT I am doing... I like quality... So I will give quality.

Again, thankee for the offer of help.