Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collision with 0.2.10 and 3D Studio Max v9
04-21-2007, 07:15 AM,
Collision with 0.2.10 and 3D Studio Max v9
If you have 3D Studio Max v9 and want to export models with collision, please post a reply in this thread and I'll send a work-in-progress tutorial (written by another person). The author has gotten it to work, but is unsure if the tutorial is clear enough for another modeller to reproduce the result. Once it's finalized it'll get posted publically but for now it's just a test Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-21-2007, 10:41 AM,

There really is someone like that!? Woo! Send! Right, PM... forgot
The Beast Who Sliced To Mexico.... why Mexico?
"Not all questions are supposed to have an answer" - Someone
04-21-2007, 02:58 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by VABG
There really is someone like that!? Woo! Send! Do I have to write an email adress or will you use the one I registered with? I mean you're an admin so you can see those right? If not I'll edit this post later...

Great! I sent you a PM with the download link to the tutorial Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-22-2007, 11:49 AM,

I'll give a go as well.... having to switch between 3ds max 9 and 8 all the time is getting to me. Rolleyes
04-22-2007, 02:31 PM,

I got it to work... All the missing stuff are parts of NifProps so it seems like the exporter is skipping some info. For some reason it doesn't feel like it would be difficult to fix (I mean for the one who made the exporter). I'll stick to 3DS Max 8 for the time being though since this method will take too much time.

Couldn't you send this to the maker of the exporter so that it, possibly, could be fixed? That is, if it's still being worked on.
The Beast Who Sliced To Mexico.... why Mexico?
"Not all questions are supposed to have an answer" - Someone
04-22-2007, 11:10 PM,

Goku1983d: Okidoki I sent you the download link.

VABG: I'll hang on to Max 8 as long as I can too, I've grown accustomed to it and it lets me do everything I want.

The exporter hasn't been worked on since December 2006. Niftools as a whole was inactive for a long time after that, with Shon being the only remaining member though he just checked in on the forum from time to time. He's leaving the scene soon but luckily Wz stepped up recently and resumed work on Nifskope. The Project News board on their forum has more information.
Angel mired in filth
04-25-2007, 06:26 AM,

So how did the test go?
Angel mired in filth
04-25-2007, 06:43 AM,

Great! works for me as well .Still goin to keep max 8 installed tho.It's too Bad there isn't anyone devoping for the plugin now.Oh well.
04-26-2007, 09:58 AM,

Throw that linky at me too if it's not too much trouble.
Quote:Originally posted by Hrafnkel
The mighty Gyssar knows all. Tongue
04-26-2007, 11:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Gyssar
Throw that linky at me too if it's not too much trouble.

No trouble at all, it's in your inbox now Smile
Angel mired in filth