Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Composer looking for a job...
08-26-2006, 01:32 PM,
Composer looking for a job...
Hey guys,
I'm 2key, I'm composer, I checked out your forums and I like what you do...

well actually I got a bit confused...do you have an actual dev team, or just input from the public? Either ways, I'd love to do some music for you guys!
08-26-2006, 01:39 PM,
RE: Composer looking for a job...
Welcome to Silgrad Tower, 2key! :wave:

We run off of claims. We have a dev team, but it's not super strict like some teams, and it seems to work for us pretty well. That's awesome that you'd like to do some music for us. Do you have anything in mind?
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-26-2006, 01:39 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by 2key
Hey guys,
I'm 2key, I'm composer, I checked out your forums and I like what you do...

well actually I got a bit confused...do you have an actual dev team, or just input from the public? Either ways, I'd love to do some music for you guys!

Hi there 2key, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

Yup, we sure do have a dev team. Me, Zarf, Treebiter, mmmlp and others work mostly in the modelling department. Noremorse, ev1, tibmaker and others do a lot of texture work. I'm also modding a town called Reich Parkeep/Soluthis with help from many other modders, while DarkAsmodeous heads the development of Steadhelm (an Imperial charter town) and Sandor and HeIsTheDarkness develops our Hlaalu-style capital, called Silgrad. Countless other teammembers contribute too, in varying areas. I hope you'll stick around and have a great time in the team.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-27-2006, 10:14 AM,
- and the entirely insignificant raggidman heads the slowest section - Lit Dev - that has to wait for everyone else to devcide what the Lore is before it can make any progress...

'course, music does not have to wait for anything!

The essentials of music can be based on the composer's inspiration plus certain known fundamentals of the character of Tamriel and the Races and natures of each Province... be inspired... :yes:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
08-27-2006, 11:04 AM,

hey, thanks for the warm welcome...I like the idea of claims... =)
Be sure to see me picking up some, when I have time...

just to be sure, claims are like requests, someone asks, I volunteer?

BTV...Razorwing, I downloaded Reich Parkeep from tessource, but don't know how to go there...some help?

thanks...
08-27-2006, 11:30 AM,

2key: Claims can be likened to very defined job descriptions for which there is a specific need in the mod. Usually the claims are for interior locations that fits in one of our cities. Homes and shops and the like. Smile

To get to Reich Parkeep, tick the esm and travel esp and then head to Cheydinhal, where you'll notice a large portal standing freely to the left of the road leading up to the castle. Going through it takes you to a spot outside the walls of the South Imperial District. If it can be of use, the video shows the jump.

More info on just about everything regarding the city can be found on http://parkeep.silgrad.com/ Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-28-2006, 12:36 PM,

thank you, come again... Big Grin
08-28-2006, 11:35 PM,

And IAMTHEEMPEROR is the mayor of the swampy redoran town called Ebbedin that no one cares about because there are about 9 open claims that have been up there for about a month.....(jk)

Anyways, welcome to the team!

:wave:

Hope to hear some music, I'm looking forward to it!
Can you compose versions of the morrowind music for us to use if possible? I've been waiting for something like that.
Lol what?
08-29-2006, 10:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by 2key
thank you, come again... Big Grin

Sorry if I made it sound like I handed out a serving of standardized information Big Grin Some folks prefer to do it that way, others like to work more freeform. Both ways are possible of course, I've just grown accustomed to the first kind.

We're planning to have a major vampire clan in our mod, called Cerro, coupled with a massive headquarter. Should be a really fun and exhausting adventure for the player, and I'm looking forward to doing my part as a modeller once the 'prio' stuff is complete.

Would you like to create a background music piece for Cerro's headquarter? Maybe something somber and melancholic, yet evil and disturbing? Three to five minutes would be perfect. The end has to fit with the beginning since it'd be looping over and over while the player is fighting the vampire horde.

Other than that it would be cool to have special background music for our other cities too. Maybe the mayors of those cities can provide more information about how they'd like their background music to be?
Angel mired in filth
08-29-2006, 11:24 PM,

relax, I just say that all the time...It's kinda catchy, especially when you imagine this indian guy from a fast food drive by saying that... Big Grin

anyway, I tried the mod, and I just get a door were the portal shoud be, and it doesn't work...?