Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Composer reporting for duty!
04-10-2006, 10:13 PM,

Glad you like it! If there are other tracks I can do, let me know. Smile
04-10-2006, 10:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by surasshu
Glad you like it! If there are other tracks I can do, let me know. Smile

Actually there is. Smile We talked a bit in the past about having special background music for the native Cerro vampire clan's headquarters, but it hasn't been done yet. Is that something you feel you'd like to take on? Something sorrowful, but still evil, and a bit unnerving would be nice. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-10-2006, 10:26 PM,

Your track is incredible. Really, please make more, maybe develop an official Redoran Theme or something.
04-10-2006, 10:59 PM,

Wow, mate, that was awesome. I couldn't listen to it until now. Great job!
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-11-2006, 12:03 AM,

That sounds interesting! I'm not sure what an official Redoran theme would sound like right off the bat but I'm getting some ideas for a vampire lair that's a bit more than just dark brooding strings... I'll keep you posted.
04-28-2006, 10:55 PM,

Your piece there is very nice surasshu!!! :goodjob:
I like the mysterious qualities to it!! Something I often fail at.
I?m excited to see what else you?ve got in store!!! Keep up the good work! Smile

If you are willing and feel you have the time, some suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated!! I have a great interest and wish to work with composition and sound-design for the gaming and interactive media industries.
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
04-28-2006, 11:02 PM,

<Simon Cowell>Your samples need work, as well as your ability to use multiple instruments at once to highly increase ambience (but, by being a composer for handhelds, you're probably not very experienced with that due to the limitations of handhelds). The 2nd half gets a bit... too dark. The various transitions (louder to softer sounds, the slight instrument alternations) are abrupt and harsh... it would sound better if the music flowed together.</Simon Cowell>
Otherwise, great job!
04-30-2006, 08:15 PM,

If you think of the diagam of the crossfade as a railway line section, then hows about having 4 sections.

When you go from one area to another you use a trigger command to activate a pre-recorded crossection that makes the desired transition from say Theme 1 and then at the cross section's conclusion Theme 2 activates to continue until you 'cross the line' again.

How effective this would be wold be up to your ingenuity with the arrangements as the player might get quite a kick from 'crossing the line' and run back and forth for the fun of it!

The only question would be how to arrange the activation and how much processing would be needed to keep this active. That is where the Razors, the Henry Morgans and others of this Team really show their sort of class.

Sulan Just listened to the Skyrim theme in your sig, and I am fascinated by it. I feel that it is sort of a prelude, that it achieves moments of perfection, but that it also loses its own purpose at times. Never be afraid of sticking with a powerful theme once it is identified.

The style often seems more Hollywood Red Indian at times than Nord, but that is not necessarily a negative as it is a style that indicates closeness to nature - esp spring and contentment.

surasshu Hi there. Put a few sounds together in various styles in my younger days, and I see you have a very controlled approach in your Reich Parkeep Bounce01. Very clean cuts, a feel of an uncertain dawn but I kept wondering when you were going to let loose?

Your 'Hop to it' hits a spot alright as does 'Daggerfallen'. Clearly Daggerfallen is too techno for this, but the 'Hop to it' reminded me of the 'faery beings' I saw on the road to Silgrad Tower.

It has an approach that Mendellson tried (was it a concherto or symphony for violin and...?) as an add on to one of his major and very driving pieces, (not suggesting they are they are really similar, different branches in the same family of solutions).

The one thing that i am waiting for is something that has the 'martial' atmosphere of the Morrowind Intro. I was so impressed by that I recommended it to a retired Brigadier General I was doing committee work with at the time as a regimental dance step. The mix of the slow drumbeat and the lyrical horns reeked of ancient military tradition - sort of a Scottish Highlands with an old Brit children's tv program theme (was it Jakanory) reworked for adults Smile

If you really want to hit the Redoran Heart you need pomp and grandeur, for in their own minds they are not fading, they are fighting in the face of adversity. That is what Redoran is. They know that the battle is not the war. Grrr. There is no smilie here that is Redoran, but for me Redorran and the Telvanni are of Morrowind whereas Hlaalu are in an identity crisis.

Hope you guys are not put out by my outspokeness, I used to cringe at my cousin's rehearsing while he was solo violinist with his country's Symphony Orchestra. It always amazed me how he came through during concerts...if I didn't enjoy your music I would not spend the time.

ps if you could combine the agression of Daggerfallen with the finess of Hop to it in a richly measured cadence them I think you might arrive at Redoran. One philistine's view - Wink
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-20-2006, 12:09 PM,

I'm using this music track in Reich Parkeep nowadays Smile
It's in the latest Alpha 5.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the script, so the music is only heard while you're in the menu system while in town (here's a copy of the script).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]