Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concept art request: Gargantuan Hlaalu bridge
03-03-2009, 09:59 PM,
Thread maintenance note
Since I have questions about the lift FPS issue, I clipped nick_op's and Koniption's responses into another topic so as to minimize my threadjackery.

Steve
03-03-2009, 10:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I like the entrance part a lot! I agree with what Tobi said, so for the real model I'll use a ramp instead, but the railing looks very nice.

It's going to be a very long bridge though, and if I imagine what the rest of your bridge will look like - going by the part you drew - it's going to look very repetetive with all those arches (which is one of the key problems with the existing bridge system). The bridge also needs to be tall enough at at least one point to allow large ships to sail under it.

Noted. I will try to find a way to make it more efficiant and related to your description and probably suit it with other innovative stuff that SACarrow mentioned.

I didn't know i was a very long bridge, i thought it was going to be similar to the foot bridge in balmora.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM,

i might make my own sketch.
for a massive bridge? like the giant one going from imperial city island kind of size? im probably gonna use some of your style busterwolf
returned from the dead... lets get started
03-18-2009, 02:36 PM,

I would be interested in seeing your sketch as well, theifing_tom. :goodjob:

Yes, I think the bridge to the Imperial City could be a good frame of reference as to how long the bridge needs to be. It should look completely different though, but I'm sure you knew that Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]