Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conspiracy of Transcendence
06-30-2006, 08:10 PM,
Conspiracy of Transcendence
I found this old theory on the Disappearance referenced to on the TES forums. (It's a year old today, actually.)

Quote:Posted by: Nelacar Jun 30 2005, 12:29 AM

I've got a weird disappearance theory, too: I think they deliberately destroyed themselves.
Quote:QUOTE(Xal @ Human Marukhati)
Ah. I will tell you the truth, because you will believe none of it. The Brass God is Anumidum, the Prime Gestalt. He is also called the divine skin. He was meant to be used many times by our kind to transcend the Gray Maybe.

Anumidum, Numidium. Designed by the Dwemer for the purpose of transcending Nirn.
Quote:QUOTE(Xal @ Human Marukhati)
Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence. But, by then, and for a long time coming, the Doom of the Dwarves marched upon the Mountain and they were removed from this world.

He sacrificed their souls. He deliberately destroyed them all to create Numidium. The Mantella is literally the central point of transcendence. In other words, Kagrenac and the Tonal Architects were planning to allow an entire race to escape Nirn, but his work is incomplete. Nobody was left to make and use the Mantella. And take another look at the reference to the Mantella. A crux is also a cross, of which Vivec says this:
Quote:QUOTE(36 Sermons of Vivec)
'The magical cross is an integration of the worth of mortals at the expense of their spirits.

Which means that the Mantella uses the spirits of mortals to allow them to transcend. Which is how Tiber Septim and Mannimarco became gods; they transcended at the expense of Zurin Arctus.
Quote:QUOTE(Sotha Sil)
You wonder where the Dwemer have gone? Perhaps better to wonder why one remains.

One remains because it's his job to make use of the Mantella. Yagrum Bagarn was in an outer realm at the time so that he would be unaffected by the destruction of the Dwemer, allowing him to return to Nirn and complete the work of the Tonal Architects. Except he couldn't do that when he returned because he couldn't find the Tools to use on the Heart, since the Tribunal had taken them. So while he was looking for the Tools, he caught Corprus. After a while, he lost his memory of the plan. If he hadn't forgotten it from the Corprus by the time he met Fyr, he certainly wasn't going to explain a plan like that to anybody. So he just says, "I was looking for other Dwemer." Now that Dagoth Ur is gone, he's recovering from the memory loss:
Quote:QUOTE(Divayth Fyr)
Yagrum, on the other hand, seems to have regained much in the past. He still shows signs of corprus, but his memory seems to slowly be coming back from time to time. He spends quite a bit of time on his own now and wishes to remain alone. I am sure that glimpses of his past, coming freshly back to him, give him much to ponder over.

Now he remembers the plan, and wants the tools:
Quote:QUOTE(Divayth Fyr)
And interesting thing.... Yagrum confronted me after my arrival from the council, and wished to know if I still had the Tools in my possession. Upon hearing that the Hortator had taken leave and carried the items off with him, Yagrum seemed quite upset.

The reason he needs the tools is so that he can make a Mantella that can fully power Numidium at the expense of the Heart of Lorkhan, then destroy himself and transcend.

Now that I think about it, I have a whole lot of weird theories.
It's only a theory, but it holds up pretty well, and we should keep this in mind when doing anything with Yagrum Bagarn.
06-30-2006, 08:31 PM,

It sounds really cool! Damn, it's far-fetched but trustworthy!
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-30-2006, 08:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
far-fetched
In TES, the more far-fetched something sounds, the more likely it's true.

I want to try to tie up some of TES3's loose ends with this mod. Vehk and Vehk. The Battle of Red Mountain. The true nature of Nerevar. House Dagoth. Barilzar's Mazed Band. Yagrum Bagarn, the Disappearance, the Tools, the Heart of Lorkhan, Numidium-Anumidium.
07-01-2006, 12:03 PM,

cool... I read this awhile ago too.... but didn't finish reading it and wasn't as interested then...
but looks like a great idea methinks....

you know what?
I think as Kagrenac had intended for the Tools (and Heart enchantments) to help in transcendence, anyone near for long enough and receptive to their magic (like Sotha Sil or Dagoth Ur, prodigies in their respective magickal arts) would learn their usage and try to achieve whatever Kagrenac had....
sort of like the One Ring, will of Sauron... Kagrenac's Tools, will of Kagrenac and a large part of the Dwemer race....

but don't take this as THE TRUTH... we must discuss it first, agreed?
07-02-2006, 09:10 PM,

The Three Tools To Rule Them All...
98% of forum-goers say that fast travel ruins Oblivion. Put this as your signature if you are one of the 2% that realize fast travel is optional.
07-03-2006, 10:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by final reclaimer
The Three Tools To Rule Them All...
if you put the Moon-&-Star Ring from Morrowind into Lord of the Rings... Nerevar sounds evil...

[....]

as so clan by clan the Chimer fell to the power of Nerevar....
but there were some who resisted...
a last alliance, of Men and Elves, marched against the armies of Nerevar
and on the slopes of Red Mt., they fought for the freedom of Morrowind...

[Dwemer and Chimer fighting]
[Nerevar steps out and the camera zooms in on his ring, he swings his Trueflame at Dumac who courageously fights him]

Big Grin