Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction Set question
03-17-2010, 04:51 AM,
Construction Set question
Hi all,

I'm just starting to mod and I've found that whenever I save a new plugin for the first time I get a crash and lose my data.

I've tried saving before editing, saving before loading data as detailed on Bethesda's modding page, but to no avail.

Anyone know how to deal with this?
03-17-2010, 07:53 AM,

This is ringing one of those annoying little bells: I'm sure I had this problem once but can't find a reference.

Just try this: create a new plugin and make a small change to the ground height somewhere. Save that. Does it still crash? If it does then I'm wrong - ignore me! If it doesn't, then try a couple more edits in the same file and save, just to make sure. Then try a whole new plugin again. If I'm remembering right then the problem may just be gone. And no, I can't remember why, either...!
Morcroft Darkes
03-17-2010, 09:57 AM,

Do you have Shivering Isles or not? There are 2 different versions of the CS which correspond to OB with SI or without. It needs to be the correct one, otherwise there could be problems.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-17-2010, 12:53 PM,

The only two versions of the CS that exist are the patched (v1.2) and unpatched (v1.0) versions. Both will work with or without Shivering Isles.

I believe it is the official v1.2.0.416 patch that has an SI and non-SI version.
Lead Scripting for the Black Marsh Project

[url="http://preventcrashesinoblivion.page.tl/"]Prevent bugs and crashes in Oblivion! Click here to find out how.[/url]
03-17-2010, 10:03 PM,

I have Shivering Isles and my CS is version 1.2.404. Reinstalling the program helped. I saved before loading data and then proceeded to save after editing something, but when I visited the mod ingame or likewise, when I reloaded the mod in CS it was gone.

I also tried changing the lines in my ConstructionSet.ini and Oblivion.ini as detailed BSA thread, but once again it crashes or the mod vanishes.
03-17-2010, 10:21 PM,

Weird! You are ticking the esp again when you reload, aren't you?

Otherwise, I'm stumped. Any suggestions, people?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-17-2010, 10:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Yali
I have Shivering Isles and my CS is version 1.2.404. Reinstalling the program helped. I saved before loading data and then proceeded to save after editing something, but when I visited the mod ingame or likewise, when I reloaded the mod in CS it was gone.

I also tried changing the lines in my ConstructionSet.ini and Oblivion.ini as detailed BSA thread, but once again it crashes or the mod vanishes.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, except for this advice:

Go to the Bethesda forums and ask for help for your error in a new thread, here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/fo...ction-set/

I've never had the issue you are describing, so I can't be of much more help.

We are also using OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender). So if you are saving any scripting that requires OBSE, then you also need to remember to load up the appropriate CS (make a shortcut to the CS in same folder, then right click and go to "Properties", in "Target" field, add this at the end of the quotes " -editor" <without quotes>). You only need to use the OBSE-enabled CS, if you do scripting that uses OBSE functions and need to save such functions in your esp.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-18-2010, 04:36 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
We are also using OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender).
When was that desision made? The last time I asked about this, I was told that we were not using OBSE.
Lead Scripting for the Black Marsh Project

[url="http://preventcrashesinoblivion.page.tl/"]Prevent bugs and crashes in Oblivion! Click here to find out how.[/url]
03-18-2010, 01:16 PM,

Yes, it's news to me as well. Must have been discussed during my absence.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-18-2010, 06:57 PM,

AFAIK we haven't used anything OBSE-dependent yet so I guess the answer is that we are and are not using it.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]