Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking
07-06-2005, 01:45 PM,
Cooking
Quote:I just got this month's issue of XBox magazine, and it says that in Oblivion the player can "kill a deer and eat the raw meat, cook it for some extra health, sell it to a butcher, or combine it with something else in a spell/recipe."

This means:
-eating meat will restore a player's health, rather than just being food for hungry NPCs
-you will be able to cook meat.
-you will be able to combine food items to prepare actual meals, rather than just potions

Good news to me :goodjob:
Killing imperial legion ppl since 2002 and still they keep coming.
Community idiot and modder. (Currently learning to model stuff and breathe)
I can: - Use TES CS - Walk - Re-Texture - Yell really loud (I mean REALLY Loud!)
07-06-2005, 04:05 PM,

Sounds excellent Big Grin
I think I'll have a lot of fun modding foodstuffs.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-06-2005, 04:08 PM,

i say just two words: THE BAKERY!!!!

xD
THX @ VALDERON!!!
07-06-2005, 06:07 PM,

Yup! Big Grin And all of the kitchens Reena made. Which are seven words.

But it's good to know that all the stuff we made to give Silgrad a more realistic background could be used in our Oblivion version.

Great news and thanks for posting it.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-06-2005, 09:16 PM,

Have you guys heard of a mod called Muffinwind?
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
07-06-2005, 09:47 PM,

Yep ... *shudders ... then grins" ... yep.

One of the reasons we approved Cow Guru's application for webspace. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-06-2005, 10:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cenobite
Have you guys heard of a mod called Muffinwind?

Hehe, as Quentin says, we have indeed. I even designed a template for his hosted site.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-07-2005, 11:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Yep ... *shudders ... then grins" ... yep.
LOL

That was my initial reaction, too. One has to wonder -- what will happen to TES4, once somebody converts Mantodea's muffin mesh for use with that game engine...

Some things are too terrible to contemplate. They must be heavily censored, not for public decency, but for the preservation of sanity, just like NOT LOOKING at Cthulhu when he appears.
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
07-10-2005, 02:30 PM,

Anybody play Arx Fatalis? There was meat and bread cooking in that game. You could put some meat into a fire and watch it darken to a nice charbroiled color. It was cool, but a little too time consuming, and the pc was always hungry again 5 minutes later. If he didn't eat he'd die of starvation. I'll be happy if the cooking and eating in Oblivion will be visually realistic like this, but optional. Don't want to hear my PC whining "I'm hungry" every 5 minutes.
07-10-2005, 04:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DetritusDon't want to hear my PC whining "I'm hungry" every 5 minutes.

*Imagiginating hordes of elves grazing all green from the surface of tamriel...*

I better go to see Cthulhu, that would bring me to less frightning toughts.