Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking
07-10-2005, 06:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Nerevarine
Quote:Originally posted by DetritusDon't want to hear my PC whining "I'm hungry" every 5 minutes.

*Imagiginating hordes of elves grazing all green from the surface of tamriel...*

I better go to see Cthulhu, that would bring me to less frightning toughts.

*Tries to type Nereverine's new word, and fails*

Imagiginating? Darn you and your new words!

We can cook!? Awsome! I'm totally going to cook someone's flesh and eat it- Err, nothing.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
07-10-2005, 07:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkEclipse
Imagiginating? Darn you and your new words!

My voice was trembling of fear...
07-11-2005, 09:34 AM,
My views
I hope that the game will allow the player to eat vegetarian food then. If not then my player will surely die of starvation since he shall adhere to my views. =)
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
07-11-2005, 09:58 AM,
RE: My views
Quote:Originally posted by Sebastien (CNA)
I hope that the game will allow the player to eat vegetarian food then. If not then my player will surely die of starvation since he shall adhere to my views. =)

Refer to The Nereverine talkng about elves grazing Tamriel... There's your veggies.
07-11-2005, 09:46 PM,

Well the developers LIKE to say that there are no horses in all of Morrowind because they couldn't stomach the grass...which is rather suspect, since horses can eat just about any grasses or fruits.

I think the reason there are no horses in Morrowind is probably much uglier. You know those Dunmer, they'll eat just about anything...

:lmao:
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
07-11-2005, 11:56 PM,

Does that explain the lack of dogs and cats too? Wink

Katse
07-12-2005, 01:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Katse

Katse

Quite. Smile

I think there's more to why there's no horses in Morrowind... The fact that the devolopers were lazy, and nobody wanted to model and animate a horse.
07-12-2005, 04:31 AM,

Or they were busy with other things to get to it. They had been working on the game for a long time already. Remember, it has the biggest single player game world ever...
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
07-12-2005, 04:51 AM,
Just a thought...
Ah but in the Legend of Zelda for N64 you could ride Epona and what joy that did bring to my heart! There is a horse riding mod out there (from a very talented person I might add) which I use in my game. A break through in scripting they call it.... but to tie this in with the "Cooking" topic... well, with horses in the world of Tamriel the Dunmer carnivores would never go hungry :lmao:
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
07-13-2005, 10:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Katse

Katse
Yep...and half of the fish in the sea, the ones that aren't as tough to kill as Slaughterfish and Dreugh. The only reason that Crabs still survive is because they breed at an insanely high rate.

This is why there are Guar Herders, too, even though some Guar can be found in the wild. SOMEONE has to keep them alive (and out of the hands of hungry Ashlanders) long enough to breed...

Insects died when the fruit trees and plants died, which would have been around the time that Red Mountain started producing ash.

Suddenly, it all makes so much sense.
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.