Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copyright status of mods
05-27-2010, 11:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Yes, I'm now fully aware they don't give a rat's ass and I'm not at all uncomfortable with all of this stuff anymore. I may have done in the early days when I began modding but not now. I just find the whole subject of intellectual copyright interesting. My post was to inspire debate rather than to ask for help or reassurance or something. Never mind....

I hate to be picky Koniption, but you just did something that is one of my petty hates. My students always write "could of / should of / would of". I won't go into the full explanation here but it's "could have / should have / would have".....it's weird little things like this that give me the jitters....I'm a language geek! Wink

That's why I edit my own posts with care...I almost edited your post just because it hurt my poor sad little geek heart!

@ Ibsen- I wasn't aiming my post at you, rest assured. It's more like for everybody out there to read. I edited it myself - so there. :yes:

@ Xaeaix - OMG! I cringed as I read that link, but couldn't stop reading it. I felt my brain rotting, and improving, at the same time - twas weird.

@ Morcroft - Depends on what age group Ibsen's students are... Big Grin .... and if he's ever caught.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
05-29-2010, 09:00 AM,

Well, they used to be 11-16 so they sort of deserved a light touch (even though the 13 year-olds particularly were, and always are, a pain in the ass) but now they're 16-18 so I can be a little more harsh. Suffice to say that this little baby is getting framed!

However, I may have to edit it. There is a f**king outrageous lack of full stops and question marks in there. For example, "What the goddamn f*** is wrong with you" NEEDS A QUESTION MARK. Hell, you can use two if you want since it's a style technique to show your horror or maybe if it's a rhetorical question then you could get away with an exclamation mark but to put nothing there suggests that this is one side of a conversation between two retards!!! X(

Grrrr! (that's onomatopoeia, that is)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-29-2010, 12:33 PM,

I bet you're really careful about correctly pronouncing the apostrophe in 'king as well, aren't you?
Morcroft Darkes
05-29-2010, 05:01 PM,

I can go one better than that: You're 'kin' right I do! =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-30-2010, 04:47 AM,

Now I'm going to obsessively check your sentences for proper English. For instance, I'm pretty sure your "you're" didn't need to be capitalized. Wink
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-30-2010, 05:26 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
Now I'm going to obsessively check your sentences for proper English. For instance, I'm pretty sure your "you're" didn't need to be capitalized. Wink

I love how you bring this up when you nearly always don't capitalize the beginning of your sentances. Wink
05-30-2010, 10:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

I love how you bring this up when you nearly always don't capitalize the beginning of your sentances. Wink

"Sentances"?

*cackle*
05-30-2010, 11:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix

"Sentances"?

*cackle*

Sentances.
05-30-2010, 04:00 PM,

Because I don't see a need to in common conversation. I'm having a chat with friends/coworkers, not writing a formal paper. As long as the text is understandable I don't concern myself with the minutia of grammar. I'll be honest, people who bitch about how people write on the internet come off as pretentious to me Confusedhrug:
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-30-2010, 04:49 PM,

You'd probably better leave this thread pronto then, Lady N: it's Pedants Anonymous in here....

Rolleyes
Morcroft Darkes