Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creatures of Akavir
08-19-2008, 05:16 PM,

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=841017

Those Smilodons look great
And i think lots of those "real-world" animals are good too, let's ask!
Also here are my Slaughterfish-men:

[Image: Slaughterfish.jpg]

and their dog:

[Image: Scurrier.jpg]
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
08-20-2008, 04:22 AM,

Shiver-Tail

I hadn't thought of slaughterfishmen. What is that creative mind of yours planning to do with them? Those are really great sketches.

Exilehunter:

Waalx does some really nice work. Thank you for providing that link.

I did remove some of the off topic posts in this thread. I hope Kodama and I do not have to take any other measures to keep things on topic.
08-20-2008, 06:10 AM,

Activity? Yes!

Nice sketches.
08-20-2008, 07:05 AM,

@ Ysne:
I thought about making them scavengers on the shore. A bit like the Canadian indians with Longhouses and huts ( Think Star Wars Episode II Tusken village). They would also populate the caves near the water, fight tribal wars (like gobz) and well, fight you and all others that get in their way (again like Tusken raiders). The scurriers would be their "dogs" with a very, very, VERY high sneak skill (like the lich) and when the player tries to enter their village they will begin shreeking and squeeling to sound the alarm. The scurriers are built for attack so they bite you and you lose much health but if you give them a punch or two they're dead.

The warrior would use a net... i have no idea how we're gonna do that, i was think a new "paralyze" or "burden" spell that looks like a net and needs ammo.

The elders have low health but do high damage with frost and illusion spells

@LPD_
Thank you, keep up the good mood!

( this mod isn't going down untill ALL of us quit! Big Grin Big Grin )
08-20-2008, 07:50 AM,

i really like your idea of the slaughterfish men and good idea for them to be near the shore but i think you should come up witha better name. other than that im loving the idea of slaughter fish men got to get sum1 to make these you have lol
08-20-2008, 08:14 AM,

I think these slaughterfishmen represent kappa's of japanese lore although they remind of SI's grummites and baliwogs. Regardless, a nice concept sketch but i wonder who would have the skill to make them? doubt waalx has the time since he's trying to launch and maintain a 600mb mod.
08-20-2008, 08:53 AM,

I don't know much about modding but if u can make a mask that makes your head look like a clannfear/ ogre/ goblin (there's a mod wich does that) can't u make one that makes your head look like a slaughterfish? and then all you have to do is retexture the imperial so that he's yellow, has scales and a slaughterfish tail.
08-20-2008, 10:01 AM,

suppose thats a good alternative. afterall, werewolves were implemented by a similar method.
08-20-2008, 10:23 AM,

Serpent Creature, with anatomical study

[Image: scan0006.jpg]

My Kamal:
[Image: scan0005.jpg]

I never liked the idea of an insectoid kamal. So i made a very strange creature with some insect like legs, i can't forget the "snow ape" idea Big Grin
08-20-2008, 03:27 PM,

I really like the ideas showing up here. Keep them coming please.

Shiver-Tail -- I think having something along the shores of rivers, lakes, oceans and such sure would make game play lots more interesting.

Willward, if you can put an interesting race together, even if it is with help from others you can go ahead and release it as your own work. Just make sure you give proper credit to anyone who helped with things like artwork, modeling and stuff.

You can always refer people back to this board in your information file that would go with anything you published.