Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyrodiil
06-10-2006, 12:10 PM,

I'd love to see this happen, and I hope it does. If we are talking about scaling by a factor of four isn't that city expansion still too small? in fact with the added distance it might even be possible to have even larger cities? like... actual cities? =p
06-10-2006, 12:22 PM,

villages that in real life would be there? YES

but you know what? I really wish I could lead this project... damnit... I really do...
I will certainly help anyone who does though, that's for sure...
though I have a lot of mod obligations in many mods and many games...
06-15-2006, 05:28 PM,

That Anvil Map doesn't work for me in either IE or Firefox.

Anyway, now that the summer is here and I've recovered from various medical misadventures I'm hoping to able to contribute something of value to moving this idea forward, even if I'm still unable to do any actual modding.
06-17-2006, 01:53 AM,

I think the most important thing is to find a workable way to use more of the landscape area than is currently used. It wouldn't just benefit this project, but also many mods, and maybe mods that would rather a larger more realistic scale to their areas.
If we can find a way to create landscapes 4 or so times larger than whats currently there then importing the original landscape is a simpleish matter of fiddling with heightmaps and stitching them together. Someone said in this thread that it seemed possible that you could use more than the area bethsoft used for landscapes, and that it was a matter of ram. sadly the CS has a tendancy to just crash when its out of ram. If I knew this for certain I would be off to the shop to buy 8 gig of ram or however much my comp can handle right away lol =p
06-17-2006, 04:08 PM,

Im working on drawing a map that divides Cyrodiil into 10 different regions [some much larger than others] which could be used as a basis for different world spaces. But its more a lore project than a practical plan for re-scaling Cyrodiil.
06-19-2006, 03:03 AM,

Wilting: A rescale of Cyrodiil can be done with one worldspace.

Tamriel Rebuilt went with the (in my opinion, unwise) decision to go with TES4's scale, AND to use the "Tamriel" worldspace. A rescale of Cyrodiil would definately conflict with their mod. I really don't see how TR can manage to fit all the locations they want to add in that tiny amount of land, either. :/
06-19-2006, 05:08 AM,

Well yes, basically with the size of the land Bethsoft basically HAD to get rid of all the little towns and make the cities a small collection of buildings that would hardly be considered a town. I hope that somehow someone figures out how to use more of the CS's land area so that a project like this can become possible.
06-19-2006, 02:27 PM,

Axen: That depends on how big it is!