Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave's WIP's
06-22-2008, 01:56 AM,

Thanks for offering, Zurke. I've plenty of reference to go by atm though (MW CS + converted assets). But I'll let you know if I do ever need anything. Wink
06-22-2008, 06:48 PM,

Love the temple, Dave!
You get a :bananarock: for that. Big Grin
03-20-2009, 12:59 PM,

Oh man! Lovin' the Silt Strider! And the plain strider... that thing is really awesome and creepy.

You know, when I look at all this great work, it really makes me sad that I can't do that. :lol:
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
03-20-2009, 01:44 PM,

Tongue Thanks, but they're really old now (along with everything else in this thread Big Grin ).

The old Silt Strider was probably my favorite model I'd made back then. I recently re-made the shell for Insanity's Ashlands. The new one has about 3/4 less faces than the original pictured here and is textured. IIRC the old Silt Strider had around 15k faces before export.
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM,

15k faces? Holy bejesus!

So what are your plans for models now?
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM,

Back then I didn't know about smoothing groups, so I just used the smooth geometry. That's how it ended up so high.

I've been making the meshes and textures for Insanity's Ashlands mod since the start of this year.

I'm hoping to contribute to ST soon - I haven't been active for close to a year now. I'll probably start a new thread instead of using this one because everything is outdated here.
03-20-2009, 07:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
I'll probably start a new thread instead of using this one because everything is outdated here.

Do you want me to close it?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-20-2009, 08:08 PM,

Yeah if it's not too much trouble.