Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepen Meadows - Arfodin Cavern
01-23-2011, 10:44 PM,

Due to various RL issues, I won't be able to get near a computer for the next two or three weeks. I haven't abandoned the project though and when I return I'll get to work on this claim ASAP.
Thanks

Pride
What's the use of a good quote if you can't change it?
01-25-2011, 08:50 PM,

Thanks for the heads-up Pride.

First off, thank you all for your thoughts and opinions, though I'm going to stick with what I said in my last post. It's a bit difficult to explain, but here's why: everyone wants to bring their own ideas and talents into the mod. That's perfectly fine, I wouldn't want it any other way because that's what makes modding fun, and the project unique. Smile However, unless there's some rough guideline as to what is acceptable and where, the end result is that everyone will be doing whatever they want everywhere. Instead of having a realistic immersive world, we'll end up with a chaotic slapped-together mish-mash world where players have a hard time understanding and navigating what was created. Modding a project like that quickly loses its appeal, and soon enough the project dies because no one wants to have a part in such a low-quality work. Even if it did succeed, the end result isn't likely to be fun to play. I've seen enough large projects go down that road.

Now, that's not to say there can't be a few oddities around. Wink But there needs to first be enough framework to justify it.

If you are concerned about this, then you can send me and sandor a PM, however I won't let this thread become a debate on what is and what isn't acceptable. That doesn't belong here.

For the purposes of this particular case, I think we already came to a few appropriate possibilities/explanations.
02-19-2011, 07:25 AM,

I'm going to have to give up this claim. Right now I am currently preparing for several important exams and as such it would not be right to keep this claim, especially given that I cannot devote enough time to make any worthwhile progress and that I no longer have access to a decent modding computer. I'm sorry to do this, but right now my studies are a higher priority.
I don't expect I'll be back until Skyrim is released, except perhaps for the occasional post or two. When the time comes, I'd be happy to carry the concept I had for this claim over to TESV, or continue on with it on TESIV if claims remain upon my return.
Thanks guys and good luck with Silgrad 4.0 Big Grin

Pride
What's the use of a good quote if you can't change it?
02-19-2011, 09:33 AM,

Thanks for the info and good luck with your exams! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD