Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepen Meadows - Lorin-Pan Cavern [Completed]
10-24-2008, 05:26 PM,

TheImperialDragon asked me to review this claim because he's very busy with our teaser.

I'll post the review asap.

@earendil

I like this lay-out as well. Smile
Nice work!
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-27-2008, 03:40 PM,

A bit later than planned.

Review.
  • Replace the StFgcSh01MineLoaddoor doors (twice, screenshots) because these are unique (script attached) and intended for the FG quest.

• STIDWater03Rectangle, increase the size slightly (it's not covering all the water).
    Add a few 'CastleSecretBlack01' meshes to hide the parts (and/or move the rectangle) that are outside the cave. The rectangle is visible on the in-game interior map (it's a static, screenshot).

Raise the collision boxes so that these are slightly above the water level.
    This will fix the 'walking through water sound' (when enabled == frozen).

• Why not set the STEDCavePond to initially disabled and enable it when the PC uses the scroll?
    It would support the change from normal water to frozen water.
    Please add a light in the entrance, guiding the PC over the frozen water.

• STEDLorinPanAdventurer and the STEDLorinPanAdventurer2. Some of the bones are floating because of the mesh itself. Add a few small rocks to support the bones.

• You could disable the STEDCaveIn1REF/STEDCaveIn2REF when the 3D state resets. Add two 'STKeTrapcavein01' initially disabled (on the ground) and enable these when the 3D state resets.
    If the player returns after three game days (or after a month) everything looks the same (more realistic).

• StIngrFireflower is bleeding into the rock near the treasure chest.

• Remove two armor pieces from the treasure chest. A complete set is too valuable.

• I discussed the amount of clutter with TID and we both agree that cell '01' (except for the large chamber) needs more detailing (rocks etc.) also under water. Please add another room or two. The hallway section is very short, so maybe they could be integrated into there somehow.

• The large chamber is very beautiful (screenshot). Smile
    Please add a light near the X-marker (guiding the PC).

• Replace the DRSRuinsWallSecret sound by another sound because this sound is from the SI OB esm (STEDPuzzle3Script).

Resuming.

I enjoyed playtesting your cavern and I am glad that we have such a skilled and creative dungeon builder in our team. :goodjob:

Please use the attached file to continue with your modding (cleaned).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-30-2008, 01:45 AM,

Ok. Did everything on the list but I had some problems:

I tried disabling the STEDCavePond and enabling it in ScriptEffectStart but every time I do it enables the static but stops the .PlayMagicShaderVisuals effect. Same on the ScriptEffectFinish. I tried moving the visual effects to the ScriptEffectUpdate to no avail. I don't know where else I can have the static enabled right before enacting the effect.

I had a hard time with the cave-in part. I 'commented' the reset3dstate portion of the code in the OnReset block so that it won't change when the cell resets. I waited 3 days and returned to see it still tripped. I don't know if it will get reset over time by another in-game process.

I hope you like the addition to the second room passageways. Smile
11-02-2008, 02:52 PM,

I fixed the problems you mentioned.
Keep in mind that you can't alter an existing script like the script for the 'STKeTrapcavein01'. It affects all of the other traps as well.

Please use the attached file to continue with your modding.

Quote:I hope you like the addition to the second room passageways. Smile
I do. :goodjob:

Could you add some treasure to the last room of the addition?
Make it so that the PC gets a nice reward for his efforts.

Please add a pathgrid.

TIA. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-03-2008, 02:42 AM,

Here is the revision. Hope it looks good Big Grin.
11-03-2008, 04:18 PM,

I merged the file. :check:

The STIDWater03Rectangle is still visible even with the'CastleSecretBlack01' meshes on top of the rectangle. I'll contact Razorwing about that problem. IMO it's related to the mesh.

Please use the existing starter cells for your next cave (it saves time during the merging process).

Another cave finished. :goodjob:

I would like to thank TID for his advice and input. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-03-2008, 05:04 PM,

Thank you very much sandor for reviewing the cave. :goodjob: I appreciate it.

I looked at the cave as well, and I must say that it is absolutely beautiful! Good work! Big Grin :thumbsup:
11-03-2008, 10:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I looked at the cave as well, and I must say that it is absolutely beautiful! Good work! Big Grin :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to playing it on the strength of that recommendation! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]