Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deeza's Big Ol' Black Marsh Literature List
11-26-2009, 01:29 PM,

@Deeza, I don't know if you've already seen this post that I made (Deeza's books) but this book (Book1CheapGuideStormhold) needs updating or deleting.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
11-26-2009, 07:32 PM,

If you want I could proof-read them/human spell check them
OMGWTFBBQ!....
...Yeah well, shut up
11-26-2009, 07:42 PM,

@ Deeza - Thanks! :goodjob:

@ jucklesjenk - To provide a direct link to a particular post, just take a look at the profile of the person posting on the left. At the bottom, there is a line that includes the date and time that the post was made. To the left of these, there is a tiny button that looks like a document. When your mouse-pointer hovers over it, it says 'new post'. Click on that and wait for the page to reset itself. Then copy the url in your address bar and paste it into where you want to post the link. Finish your post and submit and then click on the link you gave. Bingo! It goes right there. FYI, here is the link to the relevant post: Deeza's books .

@ MachanStripes - Yes, from the sound of it, that would be very helpful! :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-26-2009, 07:44 PM,

Big Grin Great! Does the .RAR file have a text format inside it to look at, and is there any specific Argonian speak that I should know of?
OMGWTFBBQ!....
...Yeah well, shut up
11-26-2009, 07:54 PM,

Sadly, unless there's a written version here on the forums, I think the only way to access the books is by either finding them in-game or accessing them via the CS (Construction Set). The book you mentioned is under the 'Books' section of the CS (unsurprisingly) and is, as you say, called 'Book1CheapGuideStormhold'. The fact that this does not have 'BMdz' in front of it though, suggests to me that this book is really old. It was written by TheGreyWizard, the first person to begin work on Stormhold before I was here working on this project.

We've discussed Argonian dialect a little but it will come when the voices start making an appearance. I don't want things too complicated at this stage but we'll probably take the same approach that we did over at Silgrad Tower when I recorded the new set of Khajiit lines featuring Khajiit dialect. You don't have to worry about it at this stage though.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
11-26-2009, 07:58 PM,

Even though the chances are that there'll never be another book in any mod with an ID as Book1CheapGuideStormhold, I think it's still best if it is given the prefix BMDZ just so that it's easy to find in the CS and so that it doesn't clash with the ID of another that might be made by some stupid modder who decided to make his IDs like Bethesda's.

11-26-2009, 08:11 PM,

OK. I'll look 'em through and see.
OMGWTFBBQ!....
...Yeah well, shut up
11-26-2009, 08:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Even though the chances are that there'll never be another book in any mod with an ID as Book1CheapGuideStormhold, I think it's still best if it is given the prefix BMDZ just so that it's easy to find in the CS and so that it doesn't clash with the ID of another that might be made by some stupid modder who decided to make his IDs like Bethesda's.

Agreed. I didn't think much of the organisation skills of the previous team. I was going to suggest changing it to BMMC once it's been changed but I noticed that there is a count of 2 which means that this object lies within the gameworld already. This complicates matters so we may be best leaving it as it is for now. I'll add it to the list of errors that need to be sorted instead.
12-05-2009, 07:47 AM,

I don't know if this is an error in the archive or just my filepath, so I figured that this is the best place to post.

The disease guide's .nif doesn't show up in when I place the book in the CS, just that yellow box we all know and hate. I looked in the data folder and the .nif it's supposed to use doesn't exist (it's supposed to be named something along the lines of RazorwingBook or something).

As I said, I don't know if this is an error in the archiving or in my file extraction.

Can anyone shed some light?

12-05-2009, 06:57 PM,

I'm not sure why that should be as I thought that the maladies book was already present in the archive. Please remind me to alter the archive later but in the meantime, the attached file should solve the problem. However, you should know that this book is quite a rare one and will be increasingly updated as we develop our ideas on the diseases of BM.