Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream/nightmare side quest
03-20-2006, 07:06 PM,

Granted I havn't really sat down to work out all the quest details, but I've been jotting down things that come to me during the boring classes. Here's what I have so far:

Madman's Dialouge Tree (unless otherwise noted, the sound should be on loop)

Quote: "The Mouth has opened, the Body is enslaved, the Eyes are blind and the Hands have been cut".

Mouth: The tounge speaks not what the hands can lift
Body: The Mind betrays the body that has served so well
Eyes: The Hands have gouged the eyes from spite. the hands are jealous of what the
eyes can see
Hands: The Hands are gloved and the Body is poisoned

Under his bed is a few empty bottles labeled "The Eyes" with a bit of searching the PC can find a full bottle.

The story is as such: The man, Fabius Varro used to be a head servant of Sheogorath. However, one day, another one of the servants, Gadave Nerethi, who was more sadistic and evil than crazy betrayed him in an attempt to gain power. Nerethi created the potion "the eyes" that permanantly warps ones mind. After Varro was run off, the Nerethi assumed power and claimed that he was sheogorath (think Branch Davidians) and used the crazed followers to act as a mob, killing and terrorizing the local village. The only way to put a stop to it is Save Verro and help him overthrow Nerethi.

The refrences to the above mean the following:
The Mouth represents the gates to oblivion
The Body represents the Seogorath Cult
The Eyes represents Fabius Varro and his position in the cult
The Hands represent Gadave Nerethi and the followers he has turned

More to come as I develope the story. Any suggestions or changes are more than welcome.
04-22-2006, 07:45 PM,

Very good quest idea!
Opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one and they all stink.
- Unknown toilet phiilosophist
11-27-2006, 05:50 AM,

I posted this quest almost a full year ago and forgot about it. I've recently came back to the silgrad site to check to see if anything's happened since i've been gone and I was amazed to find the refrence pictures i posted in the gallery.

I havn't done much work on this quest since I've left. I have, however, gotten some experience with interiors, story writing and voice acting though. If anyone is interested in scripting this thing, I'd be more than happy to lend my limited talent to the mod.

*edit* I've began to fiddle around with the CS some and I'm going to seriously start the quest. I'll post pictures of my progress in this thread...
11-27-2006, 10:51 PM,

Hello and Welcome back!
Good luck with the quest.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
11-28-2006, 11:44 AM,

Looking forward to it, Gerald :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-01-2007, 10:48 PM,

This Idea is really good and adds a different twist on what we normally expect

I'd like to persue this

It might make a nice addtion to the Forgotten Forest

I will PM GeraldDuval to see if their is still interest in working on it

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-02-2007, 02:34 AM,

Definitely :goodjob:

The idea of trees bending away from the cabin sounded impossible to me back when he pitched it. I never thought we'd be able to affect the trees at all since they were so alien compared to normal models, but these days - yup I could definitely make bent versions of the normal FF trees. Everything else about the quest could probably be done straight in the CS.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-02-2007, 03:26 AM,

Now, is this going to be a one time only deal or can you find an item or spell to return as you wish? If you return, that has some housing potential. How about, hmm, let's see.....

"You rescue Varro and he leaves through a strange gateway. beside the gateway, on a pedastal, sits a rather unique and facinating amulet. You pick it up as you also leave through the mysterious gateway. You arrive in a small grove in the middle of nowhere that resembles the area where the shack/mansion once stood. Eager to try out your new amulet to see what it does, you slip it on. The real world fades around you and all you can see is a plain gray void. You begin to wonder if you have slipped away yet again, but is this a dream, or a nightmare? You can feel yourself stir, and you can feel you are able to wake up"

At that point, a box will pop up and let you choose between three options, Dream, Nightmare, or Awaken. Choosing whichever will decide where you go next.

Choose Dream:
"You appear in a very bright world, full of beauty and serenity. A small white building rests in the middle of a clearing in the small surrounding trees. Small animals roam everywhere around you, and you discover true paradise."

Choose Nightmare:
"You appear in a dark world, full of evil and chaos. A tower as black as night sits in the middle of a field of destruction. You can smell the rotting corpses as you pass by which makes your stomach churn. You stop as you realize you have discovered true suffering."

Choose Awaken:
"The gray void begins to gain a tinge of color as it fades away. You open your eyes as you find you are at a small local in. A dunmer woman stands outside your room, "Oh hello sera, I can see you've awakened. We found you outside a little bit away lying on the ground. Luckily, you were only sleeping." The dunmer's expression changes a bit and she looks as if posessed. She speaks to you in a whispering voice (should sound like sheogorath), "You have chosen to awake I see. You need more time to decide, that is fine. Merely sleep in a bed with the amulet to go back." The dunmer then passes out.

At this point, this is sounding unlike Sheogorath at all. Since this is dreams and nightmares, I think it would be better suited for a Vaermina quest instead. She is the Daedra lord of dreams and nightmares after all.
Lol what?
03-02-2007, 04:58 AM,

:eek:

If I had creepy/spacy type music to play along I would but wow
I thought I was the one who went overboard on the quest ideas
whew......just punning IATE

I like the concept, its a possible for sure :goodjob:

Definitely correct on the Vaermina over Sheogorath, it makes much more sense that way

This one should be interesting

If we use the FF as a setting for this would it make more sense to create a like area in an interior space with everything skewed and textured in grays
?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-02-2007, 03:02 PM,

I have my moments sometimes. Big Grin

Good Quest Ideas So Far: 2 Big Grin
Lol what?