Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dres Scuttler Interior, WIP screenshots
11-10-2008, 09:47 PM,
Dres Scuttler Interior, WIP screenshots
Hey guys,

I've uploaded some screenshots of the WIP Dres Scuttler Interior that I've been working on (first page of album):

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/...irit_2008/

Nothing has been exported nor collisioned yet.

The gears and oar panels are animated and can be called to animate via script eventually, and will be a separate model to place within the interior. They can be left unanimated, too, though.

I'm also gonna have three more animated pieces: trapdoor, regular door, and prison bars - not animated yet, but are modeled.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-10-2008, 09:54 PM,

Why has this boat some gears?
It looks good.
11-10-2008, 09:55 PM,

Absolutely fascinating, Koniption! Animations would be particularly cool. This has to be one of my most awaited developments for ST. I'd like to see how sandor sorts out Steadhelm harbour and adds these little beauties.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-10-2008, 10:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
Why has this boat some gears?
It looks good.

The boat has large oars, and those oars are too big for single people to work individually in the game, for realistic purposes.

So I made a gear setup to move those oversized and heavy oars:
Three people turn the handles around the main column, which in turn rotates the gears. There are iron "oar panels" that the imaginary oars are attached to for the interior. Each iron oar panel, located on both far right and left of ship interior where the gear setup is located, are enclosed in wooden "protectors" that are open on the top so the panel can rotate in and out of the wooden protector. The rotation of the iron panels is to mimic the oars moving, outside the ship. You never see the oars in the Interior of this ship, for their models aren't there, and the wooden protector and iron panel are cleverly aligned so as to not be able to see that there aren't any oars. The iron panel never rotates fully outside the top of the wooden protector, so you just have to surmise that the "oars" are attached to a lower part of the iron panel.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-11-2008, 12:11 AM,

Big Grin Sweet!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]