Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumac Industrial Section [Open]
06-01-2008, 09:53 PM,
Dumac Industrial Section [Open]
[1ST]T[/1ST]

his is a city, and a city runs on one thing: Industry!

Here's a fairly large claim that anybody can easily get creative with, because the Dwemer were defined by their industry.

Black[/HR]
Overview

This claim should be 2-3 cells in size. Each cell should be medium-sized, and have multiple levels. Industry is large and important.

Each cell should be cluttered appropriately. This means having some rooms with lots of machines, but have some tables, chairs, and benches too! Remember, there were people who worked here.

Another really good option is having a large cave-part which has lava in it. I'll help you if you can't figure out lava (it's done the same way as water, but i'll help with that later). Then you can use the Dwemer Catwalk set to make some really cool paths over lava. For a cave section, Moldcave should be used

The section should be fully path-gridded, and populated by dwemer Centurions and Spider Centurions. I'll see exactly how many dwemer creatures we have, and i'll see if i can make some levelled lists for you before you get to this step.

Now here's the best part! Screenshots! These are all models which i expect to see a lot of, and i'm sure you'll have a ton of fun watching them do their various spinny-things (i could watch them for hours).

I'll post more information as you ask questions, i wouldn't be surprised if i've overlooked something crucial
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-02-2008, 05:06 AM,
claim/help
Hi, I am having some trouble with the dwemer tileset on the CS. It always pops up 2 error messages, and renders a ! in plance of the part I need. Most of the exterior pieces work, and none of the interiors work at all. I think I installed it correctly though. Please help.
06-02-2008, 05:18 PM,
RE: claim/help
For this I need to add with Seniosh Consent

If you have played Morrowind and remember the Dwemer Ruin of Bamz-Amschend under Mournhold and Odrosal near Red Mountain these are both good examples of the Industrial Dwemer as they were both loaded with rooms of work tables. instruction books, and other tools and parts for building

Some ruins had much of their machinery within the confinds of the room, but this does not hold true for Bamz-Amschend nor is it true for Dumac

The Machinery is more centralized and the cave ceilings are riddled with steam pipe, leading from the main room (machine controls) to the various work areas and homes

Please keep this in mind when making this claim

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-02-2008, 08:20 PM,

@ Bob: Feel free to edit the OP in any way you feel is more correct according to TES3. I've not had much time for Morrowind, and i never got around to seeing as many Dwemer Ruins as i'd like. If you could provide screenshots, that would be good.

@ Emryl: Assets: Won't lie, i forgot that they hadn't been included in the latest modder releases of Dumac.

I did however fire off a PM to Sandor last night, and he's getting together the proper files, which we will provide to you. So basically, we'll get you the stuff, hopefully extremely quickly. In the mean time, feel free to share your plans for this section, any lay-out or sketches you might make, ect.

And most importantly, ask lots of questions! I'll try to answer, but Bob really has more expertise on the lore and such from TES3
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-03-2008, 12:23 AM,
RE:help
Thanks. I have heard about a synthesis machine that is beign made, is that supposed to have something to do the Industrial area? If it does, I could try to fit it in the area, and have stuff for it (pumps, conveyors, or other stuff), as I am a bit interested in the machine.
06-03-2008, 12:46 AM,

I don't *think* it's going to go in the Industrial area, simply because it needs to be part of the main quest, and thus needs to be in one of the upper chambers.

It will be in its own cell in all probability, so we could easily tack it on to Industrial if need-be. In any case, the model is not complete yet, so it makes little difference, though it would make sense to have it be in Industrial.

The only other consideration is that it was still an "experimental" technology, so it would not have been used in mass-production.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-03-2008, 12:53 AM,

I was thinking to maybe have it in another cell, but have it still part of the indust. area, maybey have part of a quest for it?
06-03-2008, 12:58 AM,

The Synthesis machine actually has a decently large role in the main quest, where it will be used in the manufacture of all sorts of items which the player needs to advance further in the ruins.

Probably things like dwemer detpacks, (i think they're called), maybe some keys, unique objects, the repair of items, and possibly the creation of your very own companion centurion.

We'll see what happens with the development, but in any case it will be part of the main quest, but it will definitely be its own cell, so we have flexibility in where to put it.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-03-2008, 01:02 AM,

OK. I have some ideas for it though,but maybey those should go on the synth. machine page.
06-03-2008, 04:29 AM,

Very Good

I will get some asap when I get a chance to get home. As far as the Synth Machine Yes it should be seperate from all the other machinery, it will be located in a later found cave system as part of the main quest

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories