Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumac Layout
06-20-2007, 04:06 AM,
Dumac Layout
Ok, while we're waiting on models, we at Dumac are going to start working on the layout of the city, so that things run smoothly once we DO get the tileset and models.

So in order to facilitate this, i made a crude map, showing each section in rough relation to all the other cities. The individual sections will be placed on here, like pieces to a puzzle.

But where ARE the individual layouts you say? Anyone who wants to create a layout for any section of Dumac is willing to do so. That means anyone who wants to plan a small city, a military barracks, a mine, an observatory, an industrial section, a throne room, ect, can. You don't even have to build the section you outline, just make a layout, show it to us, and the best one is used for the level claim, to be a rough guideline of what to do. You can of course build the section you sketch, but you don't have to.

Feel free to submit layouts, discuss the layouts, ect ect.

As for the rough map i drew, here it is
I color coded it, so here's the key:
The entrance and tests is black.
The main city and residential is orange
The throne room is red. Prehaps the vaults could be directly below?
The council chambers and main control room is the darker green
The military section is yellow, this includes arsenal, defense controls, ect
Light green is the observatory.
The light blue is the industrial complex. this will be lower than the residential, and extend under it
the grey is the mines and caves. This goes under the industrial, as well as some near the military.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!