Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunmer pottery wheel & Redoran kiln [wip]
03-24-2009, 12:55 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
Awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Here's a 3d Studio Max render of the pottery wheel I made. It's mostly based on the fourth image in your post. I hope you like it Smile

[youtube=center]http://www.youtube.com/v/QTmmu7-VG3U[/youtube]

I have some tweaking to do in Nifskope plus some CS testing before I can submit the nif though.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-24-2009, 08:28 AM,

I love it! Smile
Tasty stuff RW.

`Senten
03-24-2009, 07:43 PM,

Some nice work RW.
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM,

Charming stuff! Smile
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-02-2009, 03:52 PM,

I'm glad you guys liked it Smile

black[/HR]

I've attached a wip version of the kiln so you ZDawg can check it out (and others too if they feel like it). It's not textured yet, and I haven't added any details to it. So, it's not much to look at right now. But I wanted to get feedback from you on the layout of the 3d model before I continue working on it.

There's three sections to it; a big room, taking up half the structure, which can be entered. At the bottom of that room is a hole in the wall. The hole leads into a second section, where burning wood logs are meant to be. On top of that section is the last section which is meant to house the pottery being baked. Heat is meant to come through the 'spoke holes' between the 2nd and 3rd section (I only added spoke holes to one side for the time being). The third section also has a hole looking not unlike a figure-8, which is meant to have doors later on and is where the potter would presumably put in and then take out his potted goods.

It can be checked out in NifSkope, or alternatively you could put it somewhere in Oblivion\Data\meshes, enter it in the CS, and drag-drop it into a cell to check it out.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-06-2009, 01:43 AM,

Okay, couldn't get it to show up in the CS so I got nifskope. Now, I can't see much due to the blinding whiteness, but from what I could the kiln looks to be coming along quite nicely. Let me know if there's a way I can make it another color besides white and I'll take another look. Tongue

Thanks Razorwing. Big Grin
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
Okay, couldn't get it to show up in the CS so I got nifskope. Now, I can't see much due to the blinding whiteness.....

That sounds like you're missing a texture or two. Look in the Block Details window for what looks like a purple flower with a file-path next to it for the textures. Whatever it's pointing to is probably not there in your directory or has been placed elsewhere.

You need to make sure you've got the correct textures from RW and then make sure that the file-paths match up correctly with what you've got in your Oblivion-Data folder. That should solve the problem.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-06-2009, 09:36 PM,

Yeah that's probably it. Razorwing said it isn't textured yet. Tongue
04-07-2009, 02:56 AM,

I exaggerated a bit when I said it was untextured. What I really meant was that it's not properly uvw mapped, so everything is one texture and it uses a simple box map.

Did you by any chance view it from inside the archive instead of extracting it? For me the textures show up fine even when I open it inside the archive, but it could be a reason. But you could do like Ibsen's Ghost suggested, click on the purple flower icon in NifSkope and pick any texture at random. Another method in this case is to go to Render > Settings > Colors and then click the "Dark Night" preset, which will make the model easier to see.
Angel mired in filth
04-07-2009, 03:01 AM,

That's odd... see, I don't have a purple flower icon, nor do I have a dark night option. ?(