Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicating Cells
02-22-2009, 06:30 PM,
Duplicating Cells
I just have a quick query. In order to save time with dungeons that are non-essential to quests, I wondered if it were possible to duplicate them from existing interior cells within the Tamriel WS.

We have a new mossy ruin tileset in BM that is based on the original Ayleid ruins and I'd hoped I might be able to use one of the Ayleid ruins as a starter and then simply replace a lot of the interior textures and then make alterations according to what I wanted to do with the dungeon itself.

But, as we've experienced with recent updates to the esm, any links with the original WS tends to produce errors such as the loss of landscape. Is it possible to clean up all links with Tamriel and thereby gain a 'new' interior cell that is completely independent of its original? Something that will not create such errors?

Does anybody know what I might have to make sure that I do in order to make sure that errors do not occur? In the long run, this could save us a lot of time and allow us to concentrate on claims that are much more important.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-22-2009, 07:52 PM,

rightclick the cell name and select 'duplicate,' that will make a cell with the same name as the original but with COPY000 after it. rename it and remove any unique features (like Xmarkers, etc.).

personally i frown on the practice of copying interiors, its horribly uncreative. the oblivion dungeons were pretty bad, it would be easier for modders to make better ones than it would be to sit through and replace everything with the new tileset.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-23-2009, 11:54 PM,

Yes, it would be best to stick with the hand-made ones, I agree. We certainly won't have lots of duplicated interiors but it helps as a starter. I'm mainly looking at ways to test a new tileset out here though and I have a few definite dungeons in mind that I remember as being very entertaining and quite appropriate. I just need the general outlay and then I can adapt it to how I want it. Thanks for the help. Smile
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]