Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwemer Citadel Tilesets
04-14-2007, 12:54 AM,
Dwemer Citadel Tilesets
I remember seeing someone working on a Dwemer Ruin tileset a while ago, but that's not what I'm wondering about.

I remember in TES3 being rather disappointed that the Dwemer Citadels, the final dungeons of the game, looked exactly like the Dwemer ruins that I'd been running through the whole game.

Will you guys be using a different tileset for the citadels? I personally believe that it would be a very good idea, another step up from TES3. If no one else is willing I might be able to model it but I'd need quite a bit of advise.

Anyways, what are your plans?
04-14-2007, 12:56 AM,

the plans are that they will be the same architecture however...
Star-Wound (Dagoth ur facility) was their capitol, the others were Freeholds belonging to different clans...

so the Red Mt. city, being a capitol, should be VERY extensive... and much more... refined?

so like much finer stuff, maybe even murals on the walls Confusedhrug:
04-14-2007, 01:06 AM,

Well, I just think that since they are the most important areas they deserve some sort of special architecture to set them apart.

I can't texture worth a cheese, but I can probably make some good models. Just remember, if you feel like using something a little... well, special, just give me a call. I might need some concept art, buy anyways.
04-14-2007, 09:23 AM,

I'd love to see giant halls with 20 meter high statues of the dwemer race, with old homes build into the walls, and bridges connecting them.

Kind of like a small but beatiful version of Zion
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
04-14-2007, 04:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
I'd love to see giant halls with 20 meter high statues of the Dwemer race, with old homes build into the walls, and bridges connecting them.

Kind of like a small but beautiful version of Zion

Precisely!

...Although I've never heard of Zion...
04-14-2007, 08:33 PM,

Zion is from the Matrix Tongue
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.