Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwemer Progress Thread (2)
07-23-2007, 04:06 PM,

nice! good job on the textures. Looks like you made friends with PS Big Grin

there is no setting in the nifs that'll change the spec view distance. there is only nispecproperties and the materialproperties to play with. besides tweaking your spec maps themselves of course
AM NOT A TEXTURER
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM,

OK, let's try the spec and material settings then.

Quote:besides tweaking your spec maps

I made a test with a very bright specular map, and spec distance was equal
07-23-2007, 07:07 PM,

try setting specular to full white with no spec map Confusedhrug:
AM NOT A TEXTURER
07-29-2007, 03:30 PM,

Here are some nifskope screens to summarize what I've done with the dwemer ruins:

http://www.putfile.com/ridewiththewind/images/131966

I redone nearly everything (vertexpainting, mapping...), I also made a new set of footbridge that you can see on the screens. This was the hardest thing to do because the meshes didn't tile correctly in the CS so I had to realign a lot of vertices several time. You may still find minor seams between some pieces but I also provided some seamfixes...

The worst thing is that when I look at them now, I find them ugly. They seem way too heavy to be named "footbridge", and I think that they would need pillars to support them. So please don't use them too much.

I also felt that the rustpipes were a little overloading the design, so I made it so that modders can remove them in nifskope.

And last but not least, I made an excusive entrance for Dumac. It can be connected to bridges and footbridges by the use of the optional platform that you see on the in-game screen. Or it can be used just as a regular building (or you can also keep the platform without using footbridges but then you need to edit landscape to fill the holes, this gives a nice ruin effect).

Of course I'm open to any suggestion if there's something you don't like.

I never really seen how the dwemer interiors look like now so I don't know if exterior and interior designs are coherent. But I think that this is mostly a matter of textures.

Meshes, textures and esp are in Sandor's hands, awaiting merging

If you want to use the set (ST and BC only), please PM me cause there are a couple of things to know before to start modding with it.
07-30-2007, 08:07 AM,

You made a very nice tileset! Smile

There's a texture missing for the StDwrvRuinsDumacEntrance1.

I installed the latest version of the assets.

EDIT
I'll post the updated esm later today or tomorrow.

The path is wrong (ST is missing).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-30-2007, 10:14 PM,

This looks awesome. Dwemer stuff is supposed to be bulky and heavy, it's just their style. Some think of it as ugly, but i think it's pretty neat, and you've done a good job replicating it. From what i've seen of the interior set, it should work nicely.

Can't wait to start buiding things!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
07-30-2007, 10:20 PM,

Wow, all that dwemer stuff makes me wanna play Morrowind again. =)
Great job guys, it looks fantastic! :goodjob:
I cant wait to see how it looks in game.
Have fun building Seniosh! lol. :banana:
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
08-02-2007, 03:16 PM,

Alright, everything looks even better ingame! The dumac entrance is HUGE though, it just dwarfs (no pun intended) everything else.

Of course i've got landscaping to do before i get to build, but my real motive here is one more request.

Would you [RideWithTheWind] or anyone else for that matter, be willing to make the dwemer observatory model? It's really essential for any large dwemer ruin.

You don't have to make it, in fact, nobody has to make it. Just a request.

Anyone who wants to do it, post here or PM me and i'll send you the file from morrowind for reference

Here's two shots of it in nifskope. I think it's one of the coolest models from MW
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
08-02-2007, 04:04 PM,

Quote:Alright, everything looks even better ingame! The dumac entrance is HUGE though, it just dwarfs (no pun intended) everything else.

They may be called dwarves in oblivion, but they are the height of normal people, I believe. They are a race of elves I thought.
08-02-2007, 05:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
Quote:Alright, everything looks even better ingame! The dumac entrance is HUGE though, it just dwarfs (no pun intended) everything else.

They may be called dwarves in oblivion, but they are the height of normal people, I believe. They are a race of elves I thought.
That is true. :yes: