Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ES Novels Announced
04-28-2009, 05:59 PM,
ES Novels Announced
Hi everyone,

Koniption found this interesting piece of news lately: http://www.rpgwatch.com/#11887 . I wasn't impressed by the whole Daedra storyline really (and have never played Morrowind) but at least SI had some much-needed character. Hopefully, stuff like this will bring a certain literary flair to the whole series.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-28-2009, 06:54 PM,
RE: ES Novels Announced
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Hi everyone,

Koniption found this interesting piece of news lately: http://www.rpgwatch.com/#11887 . I wasn't impressed by the whole Daedra storyline really (and have never played Morrowind) but at least SI had some much-needed character. Hopefully, stuff like this will bring a certain literary flair to the whole series.

My first hunch was that it was an april fools joke, but the story is on elderscrolls.com as well, so it's true. I wonder who the supposed Emperor is, who's son is a character in the book?

It'll be interesting to see if the book strengthens or lessens the Elder Scrolls myth, i.e. if the author takes the established lore seriously. If he ignores the fact that the Septim bloodline died out in Oblivion's main story, and I'm not saying that he does, I would say he doesn't take it very seriously. But I look forward to reading it and will try to get hold of a copy when it's released.

On a funny sidenote, are the sons of emperors really called princes? I thought only the sons of kings had that particular title.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-28-2009, 07:06 PM,

Sounds like it's going to be a fairly generic fantasy novel.

They should have got Michael Kirkbride to write it. Then we'd have the ambiguous, metaphysical Elder Scrolls that we all know and love.
04-30-2009, 12:56 AM,

Confusedigh: Just one more notch down the totem pole that literature has fallen. Sad
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
04-30-2009, 06:45 PM,

Indeed! It doesn't sound too good....although you can't really judge it from its premise. As a general all-round rule for the media, game tie-ins tend not to work...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-01-2009, 12:03 AM,

I can judge that the book being based off a video game is going to make it an extreme piece of brain candy. That is, possibly sweet and fun to chew on and eat, but really yielding no mental nutrition. Know what I'm sayin' doctuh? Tongue

THe only ES writing I'm interested in is the script for the game! Hopefully they do better on the next game... :bash:
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
05-01-2009, 01:12 AM,

I am not up to par on all the lore and who is who. But I do hope the author does his home work before he gets too far into writing. It would be great to have stories with real ES lore and enviroment.

.......read a bit...play a bit.....read awhile......play awhile......do some modding...read a bit.....do some more modding......play awhile...life is great!! Smile