Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESC 2009 [ Euros only :P ]
05-15-2009, 10:35 PM,
ESC 2009 [ Euros only :P ]
I'd like to wish all my fellow euros out there good luck tomorrow! Big Grin

Who's your favourite? Mine is definitely Belgium. Watching an Elvis impersonator complain about a copycat... priceless! That one definitely put me in a good mood, so it'll get my vote tomorrow night.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-16-2009, 03:54 AM,

I don't watch tv at all, I guess that's because my family watches it enough for them, me and half the people on the block Confused... they've been all fussily crying about Belgium not making it into the finals, heh, it's funny how my mom never votes in the legislative elections but there is no way in hell for her not to vote in these ones...
Believe then when faith is gone.
Have hope then when there is none.
See the stars through the smoke in the sky.
And when tears are falling, smile.
05-16-2009, 06:28 PM,

I didn't even know it was Eurovision tonight until I saw this thread, which just goes to show how little anyone cares about it in the UK. Sometimes I think we see it as a way to torture the rest of Europe with the most terrible music we can find. This year is certainly no exception...
05-17-2009, 07:37 PM,

I'm from Belgium and never heard the Belgian song. I know it was about a guy who claimed he was better then Elvis and that Elvis imitated him.
Some Elvis fans were outrageous and asked the organizing comitee that they would remove the Belgian song, but with no avail.
But hey, Norway has won.
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM,

Pity that Belgium didn't make it to the finals, I would have voted for it. But I'd have to say Norway was second on my list of favourites Smile

I didn't much like the song our country sent to the finals. There's nothing wrong with Ernman's voice but her on-stage performance seem forced, unnatural and kinda unserious. And that bright, blinding light... no thanks.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
I didn't even know it was Eurovision tonight until I saw this thread, which just goes to show how little anyone cares about it in the UK. Sometimes I think we see it as a way to torture the rest of Europe with the most terrible music we can find. This year is certainly no exception...
Well said. I was doing a pub quiz the other day, and one of the sections was about the Eurovision Song Contest. Needless to say almost everyone in the pub was looking around blankly for that part.
05-18-2009, 11:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
Well said. I was doing a pub quiz the other day, and one of the sections was about the Eurovision Song Contest. Needless to say almost everyone in the pub was looking around blankly for that part.

I thought Britain's song this year was rather good, maybe not the best but maybe 5th or 6th on my own list. But I can imagine some brits felt 2007's "Flying the flag for you" was somewhat embarrassing Tongue

Both the national competition and the european finals are huge up here in Sweden, like half the country stays glued in front of the TV to see them.
Angel mired in filth
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM,

Lordi... 3 years ago but still a win.
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]