Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EURO 08 Switzerland/Austria
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM,
EURO 08 Switzerland/Austria
Just curious if anyone else is watching it , and if yes then who are they supporting.
The Nord pointed his finger at the building on the hill, and said: "That is the Emerald Hall, the Palace of Ysgramor."

My concepts - http://ysgramor.deviantart.com (hopefully there shalt be some in the future!)
06-07-2008, 06:27 PM,

GO ENGLAND!!!! :bananarock: :wasted: :bananarock:

[Image: england-flag-05.gif]

oh wait... we didn't qualify... Big Grin
06-07-2008, 06:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
GO ENGLAND!!!! :bananarock: :wasted: :bananarock:

oh wait... we didn't qualify... Big Grin
Big Grin
Well , my Sweden will hopefully give you a consolation gift of eliminating russia ;D
The Nord pointed his finger at the building on the hill, and said: "That is the Emerald Hall, the Palace of Ysgramor."

My concepts - http://ysgramor.deviantart.com (hopefully there shalt be some in the future!)
06-08-2008, 10:02 PM,

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!
I just watched Poland vs Germany on a 120" projector at the local club, and I was so pissed at the end, I wanted my 0.00$ back. Sad
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
06-08-2008, 10:30 PM,

Being from Germany & having ancestors from Poland, I couldn't lose in this game ... Big Grin

Basically I don't watch much soccer (read: close to none), but events like Euro or World championships are kind of a "must see" and I'm supporting any team that plays in an interesting and entertaining way.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-08-2008, 10:37 PM,

I've seen only a part of germany - poland and I must say that germany was better.
Too bad for austria and switzerland, coz they deserved more then a loss.
I'm hoping that holland will be knocked out soon, so the orange madness will end.
06-09-2008, 08:01 AM,

if the dutch would be knocked out , then italy would progress , who play the most unattractive football i've ever seen (usually)
i would've liked to see poland win though , what's really ironic is that both goals were set up and scored by men born in poland and of polish ancestry (podolski and klose , that is).
EDIT:oh , i noticed that you're from belgium. that clears up the anti-oranje point of view Big Grin

06-09-2008, 10:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by MarcusAurelio
[...] what's really ironic is that both goals were set up and scored by men born in poland and of polish ancestry (podolski and klose , that is) [...]

I've once heard an interview with Lukas Podolski and he stated that he and Miroslav Klose usually speak Polish during a game to keep the opponents unaware of their plans and moves ... and the only team where this doesn't work is the Polish team, of course.

I found it a nice gesture that he didn't cheer as much as usual out of respect for his family and friends; his ties to Poland are still very close even though he plays for Germany.

I'm curious to see what happens in the so-called "group of Doom" today.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-09-2008, 01:27 PM,

I would've liked to see poland win though , what's really ironic is that both goals were set up and scored by men born in poland and of polish ancestry (podolski and klose , that is).

Which reminds me of the best-known German athlete plying his trade Stateside: basketball player Dirk Nowitzki. Big Grin

Steve
06-09-2008, 05:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
[...] what's really ironic is that both goals were set up and scored by men born in poland and of polish ancestry (podolski and klose , that is) [...]

I've once heard an interview with Lukas Podolski and he stated that he and Miroslav Klose usually speak Polish during a game to keep the opponents unaware of their plans and moves ... and the only team where this doesn't work is the Polish team, of course.

I found it a nice gesture that he didn't cheer as much as usual out of respect for his family and friends; his ties to Poland are still very close even though he plays for Germany.

I'm curious to see what happens in the so-called "group of Doom" today.

Greetings

Quentin

I think it'll be a day of draws.Les Bleus failed to beat Romania (0-0)