Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Coast Development
03-05-2011, 01:10 PM,
East Coast Development
Besides the very small regions of Reaven Fenlands and the Wamasus Hills, there only remains one large region to generate once the Arnesian Jungle is complete (which is impending) and that is this one, the East Coast.

In earlier region planning from the old team, the names of the separate regions here were split up into about four different regions as shown. This was quite rightly seen as extremely impractical. Since these are very small regions, the idea of changing the landscaping so often over such a small space of land would create such variation as to make the whole thing look very unrealistic indeed. Therefore, the remaining regions of Hankaj Coast, Gator Glades, Klamahee Mangroves and River Mouths could do with being combined into one and named appropriately.

The good news is that, with the release of Phitt's Sheogorad mod here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37329 we have permitted the use of his assets. This leaves us free to develop a distinct Morrowind flavour to the Northern reaches of this region. I have just this morning prepared the assets for use (though not yet entered into the CS) and this is looking more or less ready to go.....barring more consideration for some other tree and ground texture selections.

I will probably opt for creating an overall preset for the whole region but I should be able to request that sandor splits this up into two so that slightly different assets are replaced for each sub-section. I am hoping that this will enable me to set up a slightly denser area in the North and an area in the South that consists of a lot of pure marshland combined with some rocky channels that create the impression of Thai island-jungles similar to Phuket and Ko Phi Phi.

Any comments? Let me know.... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-05-2011, 02:34 PM,

It all sounds good to me. :goodjob:

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-16-2011, 08:55 PM,

I began height mapping this region. I'm still having to do a lot of RL work but at least I managed to get the area around Lilmoth and to the far South fully height-mapped so I will proceed Northwards from there.

The area from Seafalls upwards is already done so I just need to get to that point and I can begin looking at generating the last regions.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-19-2011, 07:38 PM,

Very slight progress to report considering the fact that I'm basically working a 60+ hour week at the moment. Nevertheless, at least half of the East Coast is now height-mapped. Another half to go before the entire worldspace is height-mapped....although I'm wondering what to do about the Scorpion Isle off the East Coast at the moment...
03-20-2011, 01:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Very slight progress to report considering the fact that I'm basically working a 60+ hour week at the moment. Nevertheless, at least half of the East Coast is now height-mapped. Another half to go before the entire worldspace is height-mapped....although I'm wondering what to do about the Scorpion Isle off the East Coast at the moment...

Is Scorpion Isle part of Blackmarsh??

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-20-2011, 12:19 PM,

Sorry, I'd meant to say' Crimson Isle' as shown here. I don't recall ever having had much discussion of it....it's always been on the backburner considering how far it is from the beta regions.
03-20-2011, 01:47 PM,

The basic height-mapping has now been done for this region but I will still need to add a few more peaks and smoothen out the land. It's almost done....which will mean that I can pass on this esp to sandor for him to generate new LOD files.
03-23-2011, 08:16 PM,

That's it! I've finished all height-mapping for the entirety of the worldspace (unless you're counting the Crimson Isle)...which represents a new landmark in our development. I'll get this uploaded and then we can have new LOD files at last. =)

I'll begin work on the last remaining regions now.
03-23-2011, 08:59 PM,

Whoo-hoo! Exciting times!

:applause:

KP
03-23-2011, 09:16 PM,

At last! IG, you have done what all the previous leaders of BM put together failed to do! Truly your name shall be inscribed into the halls of legend, alongside those of the great Lizard Kings of old....

Speaking of which, does anyone think there should be some kind of list in-game of all our contributors? I know that Rottmere's Folly is going to be an easter egg, but is the gatekeeper's ledger going to include everyone as "visitors"?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!