Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin - Dwemer Piracy
03-23-2007, 10:32 PM,
Ebbedin - Dwemer Piracy
Tell me if this is the wrong place to put this, but anyways...

The quest starts when the player talks to an Ebbedin Guard and asks about rumors. The guard says, "We've heard of some smuggled goods that need investigating, and we can use some help." Then you can say sure or no. When you answer sure, the guard says, "Yes, we've received a tip about smuggled Dwemer items that arrived here in the port. The problem is, there are thousands of crates here in town going who knows where. But it's supposed to be in a chest so we've heard, I suppose if you want to look for it. You can ask around here, someone may know. Be quick, we don't know when it's to be shipped off or to whom it's going." So you ask around town, and someone says, "If you're looking for some delivery, you should check by the Watchtower. They have most of the cargo shipments in town, they may know." So you go there and ask the manager, and he says, "Yes, we have many shipments that come and go, but there are a lot of them. Finding one out of hundreds is no easy task. We may have what you are looking for out back, where all of it is." So you head out back and look around. After some searching, you can find one havok-opened broken chest in the open that contains some beer bottles I think they were. Obviously that's not what you were looking for. So then you look more and you find a little gap in the crates. You walk down and there is a decorated chest. You look inside and there is your Dwemer armor (unplayable misc items) There is also a note that says something along the lines of "As per your request NPCNAME I have the armor you requested. I expect my payment in full three days after you get this package." So you bring the armor to the guards and show them the note. Then they will say they know where NPCNAME lives and send you off to find him. So you go to NPCNAME's house and talk to him. NPCNAME says, "So the guards found out about the armor I bought? That's a bad shame. I'm a collector in Dwemer items, but it's trade is illegal. You need to be given the items or find them, which limit's one's collecting potential. I was only having trouble with the set of armor, very hard to come by unless you risk your life in a ruin. So I hired a smuggler to get some for me, I was hoping I would get it with no questions asked." So then you ask him where he and the smuggler would meet for the payment, and he says, "Why should I tell you? What good is it to me?" And you tell him either he tells or it's life in prison, and he replies, "Ah, not very good choices. I guess I'd rather live a rat freely than live loyally behind bars. Alright then, we were supposed to meat in LOCATION at midnight. Be easy on him though, he's not a very bad person, just trying to make a living." So you go to LOCATION with about two other guards. You hide and he comes walking over. He says, "That n'wah didn't show up, eh? Dirty cheat! I suppose a visit from the Morag Tong will be payment enough for him." So then the guards rush out and kill him. You talk to the guards, and they reward you, and if you want you can go back to NPCNAME and talk to him. He'll ask what happened, and you can say "He's dead" or "He's in jail" He'll say "You actually killed him? I told you not to! But I suppose it was the guards, not you, couldn't be helped. After all his smuggling he probably had a death sentence anyways." when you say he's dead, or "Well, at least he's not dead, although after being ratted out will probably want to be. I feel awfull about all this, but I'm glad it's not me."

The End.
Lol what?
03-23-2007, 10:58 PM,

I like it. :goodjob: I'll move it to Submissions...
03-23-2007, 11:12 PM,

Thanks. I originally was going to have the chest as an easter egg underwater, but instead I moved it and made a quest around it. And it's good, so, cool Big Grin
Lol what?
03-23-2007, 11:26 PM,
RE: Ebbedin - Dwemer Piracy
I like it Smile

Perhaps it would be better if another topic than Rumors is used since there's a risk the character will speak Bethesda lines (which are almost always out of place, as the game thinks the player is in Cyrodiil). That's just a technical observation though, and I wouldn't call myself an expert at dialogue. Maybe it would be possible to create a topic with for instance the ID StIaEbbedinRumors and set its name to Rumors and then the player wouldn't know the difference?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-23-2007, 11:32 PM,

Also have not yet done dialogue in OB, but would it possible to have a category called "local gossip" that could have different lines in RP vs Ebbedin vs Steadhelm?

Later,
Steve
03-24-2007, 10:30 AM,

Good Suggestions

"Local Gossip" or "Ebbedin Rumors"

I think the more specific we are with the topic the less we have NPC's talking about stuff they should know nothing about

I remember with ES3 everyone mentioned the Maria Daria even the NPC's added in the TR Mod I know rumors can spread quickly but that was a little too quick Smile

Region specific topics should be easily doable
As I learn more I will work these things out
Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-24-2007, 02:33 PM,

It can just be a dialogue that falls under the rumors topic, and only those NPC's located in Ebbedin with the class guard can say it. There you go.
Lol what?
03-24-2007, 04:39 PM,

One possible complication that I see: in OB, NPCs can really get around. So Sparrow could easily be encountered in RP or Steadhelm; I may try (if possible) to add a "shopping" package to her. If so encountered, she should be able to talk about Ebbedin rumors, but not really those of the town she's in at the moment.

Later,
Steve
03-24-2007, 04:51 PM,

Good point

I wouldn't expect an npc from steadhelm to know whats going on in Ebbedin unless of course their visiting a fellow gossiping friend Big Grin

no cell phones yet in tamriel :eek:

setting this up would be rather important

my first and only thought was to have them specific to an NPC this way the encounter will be totally random and exclusive
in another example of a idea posted, about a man having an affair, even though rumors do get around, how would it make sense that everyone in town knows the man is having an affair but yet his wife hasn't found out ?

and then their are other things that could be known throughout the town

so really you would have personal gossip, local, regional and general rumors

but I am definitely open to other options

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-24-2007, 11:18 PM,

Well, if she frequents both places, she should be able to tell the rumors from either area. Makes sense, but if she's in Steadhelm/Ebbedin, she'll still only say rumors from her current position.
Lol what?