Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin - Dwemer Piracy
03-24-2007, 11:45 PM,

Admittedly, Sparrow's not the best test case, as she's a bit anti-social, but she goes to Ebbedin daily and maybe to Steadhelm twice a month. If technically possible she should be a lot sparser in the Steadhelm rumors department. I guess I'm distinguishing frequents from goes there occasionally. Smile

Later,
Steve
03-25-2007, 12:09 AM,

Sparrow is a special case

But for the other NPC's if they are traveling around often I agree with IATE, they would know some things about both areas and thats easily done in the same respect as local gossip

So in summary (correct me if I am wrong)

We can have

"Local Gossip" which we can use to be NPC specific, used for those special one time quests

"Regional Rumors" Which are rumors which are generally known throught out a specific region and could lead to quests or not

"rumors" which will be more general and contain things that are known by most people, but not necessarily quest related

Does this sound like a feasible way to do it ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-25-2007, 12:35 AM,

it sounds feasible.

for cases like sparrow, which rumor gets said is controlled by chance, but i'm not sure if you can assign higher/lower probability. if you can, great. if not, you can create 'dummy' rumors - multiple ebbedin rumors that say the same thing. [have every rumor 2x] what'll happen is the chance that an ebbedin rumor is said increases, and steadhelm is mentioned less
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-21-2007, 08:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I remember with ES3 everyone mentioned the Maria Daria even the NPC's added in the TR Mod I know rumors can spread quickly but that was a little too quick Smile

A good little bit of misc info. I was wandering Steadhelm and came across that exact rumour about the pirate ship called Maria Daria. ( I flew to Silgrad, btw Tongue ) It just so happens the character Elena's house was one of the first I visited...

Now, in Oblivion, there is a pirate ship moored in the Imperial City called the Marie Elena.

Big Grin

Now back to business. I have the spot for the chest set up in Ebbedin for when this quest is getting modded. I'll also set up the claim for the collector's house in Ebbedin16. From the claims map, where do you think the LOCATION should be?
04-21-2007, 11:29 PM,

Hidden among the clutter at the docks place, that's where I put it if it's still there. And if it says elven or anything, that means I forgot to change it from my original idea of Elven armor to Dwemer armor...
Lol what?
05-19-2007, 07:00 AM,

then the reward idea for me is the friendship of the guards :goodjob: