Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Dwemer Ruin Quest
07-31-2007, 06:34 PM,

Well when i said "Dumac is alive" I really meant that there would be stuff to do in the city. Not that the king himself is alive. The city is, of course, named after King Dumac, and is not a grave (all the dwarves dissappeared, there would be nobody to make a tomb or whatnot) So by alive i really meant "dynamic" Things happen bit by bit

FireDrakeArchon- The orrery refers to only the (already pretty large) sphere housing the astrological instruments. I think going 2x would be a bit overkill, as the library can be underground. The problem is that there aren't a whole lot of dwemer books, and it'd have to be written in dwemeri
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
07-31-2007, 07:45 PM,

You mean it would have to be totally gibberish? The images of the dwemeri runes put together in a front which is used to write on a book like texture..

The thing about there only being 2 orries has been wrong since the coming of Oblivion.. which mentions a orrey in Firsthold aswell as one in some Dwemer ruin.. It might however refer to operational orrey's.
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
07-31-2007, 07:54 PM,

Well logically, the dwemer would write in their own language, and in TES3, you've got Divine Metaphysics and The Egg of Time. Of course those were important, mage-guild quest books. I'm not sure if there were other dwemer books, or what they were written in. Just doesn't make sense for the dwemer to write books in cyrodiilic, which wouldn't have been introduced until the empire invaded morrowind thousands of years later

And now that you mention it, i do remember hearing about an orrery in firsthold, so there are more than 2.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
08-10-2007, 11:06 PM,

well, i might have said it wrong. if Dumac portrayed the best the dwemer had, it might not be a library in the paper-page book sense. something unique to dumac. part of the idea came to me when i read the book Ruins of Kemel-Ze. It describes the exploration of a ruin in eastern morrowind. there were many unique things in the ruin, including a telescope(not really unique), a large wall mural depicting a sign of dwemer religion, and a huge gold dwemer statue that was actually a steam-driven centuirion. those examples basically say that there's practically something unique in every ruin. my idea is kind of like an encrypted library of sorts, requiring more than one scolar to decode. and with the orrery, not really 2x, but it is larger, and contains more visual data than the others.

Link to the book: The Imperial Library: The Ruins of Kemel-Ze
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
08-10-2007, 11:45 PM,

I don't know. Whether or not there are more than two in official lore (Official lore is full of contradictions unfortunately), I think it would be a better idea to have something different or entirely new. Orreries are something those lore-guys would be fussy about, I'm sure. That and the orrery model probably wouldn't come for a while (there are other models I'm intending on doing, as well as refinishing the existing ones when I get time to do so).

Whatever the ruin holds (orrery, library...), I'm sure the Mages Guild would be interested in it and would want to study it. Perhaps some of the scholars could be from the Mages Guild?
08-11-2007, 09:01 PM,

well, scholars from the mages guild could work. the orrery fit in with the astroligical center idea. But, the Ruins of Kemel-Ze does give good examples.
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
08-14-2007, 11:10 PM,

hmm, if the mages guild were to do said research, would they need like an imperial commision or something? also, would mages guild interest mean an alternate quest intro. an example would be the quest "Ghosts of Vitharn" in the Shivering isles. you would either hear of it through rumors, or find out for yourself. that same idea could be used here.
08-15-2007, 12:40 AM,

I'm not familiar with that quest, I'm afraid. I'll have to play through the SI again and see if I can find it.

Most Settlement quests in Oblivion deal with an object and an NPC, and the quest starts when the player finds one of the two. Is that more or less what you're suggesting?
08-16-2007, 12:06 PM,

if you mean how the quest goes, no. if you mean how you find the quest. kind of like that, but you wont find out about it until the end of the itnitial dumac quest, and then in two ways. 1)through the rumor mill, and 2)if youre in the mages guild.
08-19-2007, 09:17 PM,

Howdy

So if we do intend on using this in Dumac we will need to move this to the Dumac Board, also it should be noted that it will be an undiscovered portion of Dumac and not initially found, the player will get the quest through our proposed plan for Dumac quests. Considering it would be
a substaincial discovery, it most likely will be one of the later finds

Currently our plan for Dumac is that once the major portion of the interior has been discovered and the player has moved on with the thinking that all has been done, from time to time the player will receive (via messenger) a request to return to Dumac to enter and clear out newly found areas, this will happen several times during game player

Possibly for this particular quest what we can do is this:

The player will be contacted via messenger as planned, the message will indicate that during their escavation another chamber was discovered and the player is requested to return to explore and clear out this new area. (this is the current plan) The player will then return to Dumac and enter the newly found area, clear it as necessary, during the course of the clearing will discover a never before seen diagram, the player will get a message box or other form of indication, that this is something new and would be of interest to the mages guild

Now tha player can be given a choice, he/she can report the findings and turn over the diagram to the current requester and receive the standard fee, or hold on to the diagram and visit the head of the local mages guild for a posibility of a greater reward

If the player chooses the latter, report to the mages guild, after speaking with the Master he/she will obtain authorization letter from (mages guild HQ) the letter will be given to the NPC who the player will be dealing with during the course of the Dumac Questline

The letter will tell this person that the discovery is of particular interest to the mages guild and that authorization to oversee this discovery has been granted to the Mages Guild and anything pertaining to this discovery is to be turned over to them..... etc etc etc

This of course will not make the Society of Archeologists happy but they will abide....(we may be able to use this unhappyness as part of another quest) Big Grin

Please advise

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories